1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I HATE TO SAY.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Nov 18, 2022.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Kpj has two years as pg and we still have folks say give him time to learn the role. The moment green falters on his first game as the pg we have same fans writing him off.

Hypocrites

BHannes2BHonest and Richie_Rich like this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm not here to pile on or join a side, I just threw a rough number out there to make a general point.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

KPJ cult is…
    PROUD TO SAY they’re glad the Rockets lost.

“No KPJ, no win.”
    “With KPJ, we win that game.”
    Must’ve missed all those wins he led us to. :D
    3-12 with KPJ the great?

KPJ cult some of the dumbest mfers.

Bring up bad deals as to why KPJ should get paid.
    “Well, [this guy] got paid and is making $20M. Why not KPJ?!”
    “Duncan Robinson is making $18M!”
    “Jalen Brunson is making $27M! You don’t think KPJ is at least worth that?! KPJ is better!”
    So because this team and that team overpaid guys and gave out bad deals, we should too? I don’t think that’s the flex you think it is.

Don’t and can’t compare KPJ to guys his own age, from his own draft class, from his own position so they reach.
    Yeah, let’s compare 21/22-year old KPJ to 19-year old rookie Jalen Green! Yeah!

*Dude brings up Westbrook* (other thread)
    “Why would you compare KPJ and Westbrook?! Now do Green and Westbrook!”
    LOL Guys who play different positions

“It’s just his first year on the Rockets!”
    “It’s just his second year on the Rockets!”
    “It’s just his third year on the Rockets!”
    “It’s just his first year playing PG!”
    It’s just his second year playing PG!”
    “It’s just his third year playing PG!”
    “He’s just 21 years old!”
    He’s just 22 years old!”

Don’t worry, just give him a little more time.
    12 years in the league, 8 years playing PG, 8 years on the Rockets, only then can we fairly judge & evaluate him.

It’s the coach’s fault! It’s the surrounding players fault! It’s everyone else’s fault!
    Sure is a lot of buck passing for (who they call) the best player on the team!

4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I’m not reading all that. With KPJ, we win yesterday, and Green looks far more comfortable next to KPJ.

DaDakota and hlmbasketball like this.
  5. Houston77

Supporting Member

Yesterday proves what I’ve been saying about KPJ. Say what you will about him. I think he’s a good player on a great contract, and others may disagree. But Green plays better next to KPJ and is comfortable with him, which, alone, is incredibly valuable.

Plowman and hlmbasketball like this.
  6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Some times you got to stoop down to other people level so they can understand, I hope you get it this time around.

7. Carpe82

Carpe82 Member

[​IMG]

8. Houston77

Supporting Member

Very persuasive gif. You obviously are quite knowledgeable.

9. MystikArkitect

I'd rather watch Daishen Nix try to run a fast break than watch the KPj show at point guard.

10. Houston77

Supporting Member

Which shows that some people are so biased against KPJ that it overrides their logic.

Plowman and hlmbasketball like this.
  11. MystikArkitect

Like Jalen. Schemed out. Carlisle vs Silas is like Ja Morant vs Kevin Porter Jr.

12. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

To be clear, I'm not a fan of any one player, I'm a fan of the Rockets. And what I saw was a team that missed it's best ball handler and playmaker last night. Plain and simple.

13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You didnt think Myles Turner's play had anything to do with Silas going away from focusing on Sengun in the paint?

To me, when Turner turned up his defense in the 4th qtr, I would've immediately went more to Green on the perimeter to try and make something happen, which is what we saw.

Silas didnt take Sengun out of the game....Myles Turner did.

14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

The point I was making was, he took over the paint. I don't think Silas was thinking he is just blocking Eason's shots or Garuba's or whomever. Turner took over.

And to the Sengun fans, I sincerely hoped they watched closely last night. I'm not saying I don't like Sengun, because I love his skill set but I've always thought that this team would benefit more by having a Myles Turner like presence at center.

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

ok give green 2 years at the point or run the offense thru sengun for 2 years every game and if they're worse than KPJ, then people will admit they are wrong.

Both things can be true: KPJ is a good player. KPJ isn't the future starting PG of this team.

BHannes2BHonest and DatRocketFan like this.
  16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You got that right!

DaDakota likes this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Sample of 1 vs sample of 100. No.

18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Just a thought but when players go out for a game or several games, teams will increase their level of play. When JaMorant was out last yr, Memphis went on a winning streak. Not saying KPJ is Ja by no means BUT I'm just saying, I think KPJ's play is being minimized by some.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U figure these kpj only fan can realize that this whole fking thread is a knee jerk reaction to green. U gave the man one game b4 using it as evidence to why kpj is the answer. Can't take these fans seriously especially when they ask for this.

He's just young, so, he's going to make mistakes, we got to give KPJ time and stop complaining!

We lost by 8 without kpj, that alone speaks volume.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

dude, seriously? What games have u been watching? Green has not looked good next to KPJ. Sure he also looked bad running the floor last night, but that’s because he’s never been asked to do that and of course he’s not a point guard.

KPJ and Green may be our best players but neither is a point guard, and when one has the ball the other is not involved. Let’s remember we are the worst team in the league (again) with the KPJ-Green back court. I love how people forget that.

BHannes2BHonest and DatRocketFan like this.