1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Hate this roster, can't stand it

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Sep 10, 2020.

1. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Yep, cause at least most of the white guys can shoot. Lol

That's important in this system.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't think that really counts. He inherited tmac and Yao. He did fill out the roster nicely though but we never really got to see that team in full strength in the regular season or playoffs. We were only 5th seed that season if I remember correctly

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We took the Champions to 7, without a 29 year old T-Mac and without a 28 year old Yao after his injury.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  4. MystikArkitect

You couldn't really count on CP3 anymore but yes, in hindsight trading him for Russ was a mistake. Idk who to blame for why Chris left but it was a move that was disastrous in the long term. We're screwed.

Russ and Harden are what they are. Chris at least rounded out Harden's shortcomings. Russ magnifies them. This team is so ****ed.

Welcome to mediocrity everyone.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you mean Instagram MODELS

you loyalty can't be tested

6. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Russ carries us for good chunk of the season

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If Russ can master the 3 pointer over the off-season, then we can do big things next season in the playoffs! ;)

fryjol7 likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If only our full roster was available and uninjured

Rocket River

9. Rocketeer4Life

Westbrook is the most overrated player and mvp in the entire league in this generation of players. Told a friend of mine that i would take any all star player in the league except westbrook.

DaDakota and BigShasta like this.
  10. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

What we saw in the first three quarters of today's game is a clear example of what this team is and what kind of player Harden is. Once again. It is the difference between the good players and the best players. Harden is a good player.

11. Rocketeer4Life

is this a sarcastic joke? do u seriously still think after all these years playing he can still improve his shooting?

napalm06 likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Shat the bed = false. He had a mediocre year and had a (reported) falling out with James Harden = true. If watching Paul play up close in a 7 game series didn't affect your perception of Paul vs Westbrook, why should I have a discussion with a robot? By the way, you know what I've never understood? We had a championship 60 win team in 2018 and we aren't grateful for it at all. Even to the point where a mediocre showing in 2019 just completely wiped it away, like it never existed. I view that as very irrational. That was a DAMN good team. We were a few steps removed but had ways to get a few steps back to it.

Ariza was offered too much money from the idiotic Suns. He is also now well in decline. It IS Morey's fault that we didn't replace him, or anything remotely close. 100%.

Morey has built multiple contenders who only lost to Golden State, when Kevin Durant ruined the NBA balance of competitiveness. But he also put together the 2009 team that lost to the Champ Lakers in the WCF without Yao/Mac/Dikembe. He inherited two stars who exploded (Yao and Mac) and turned it in to Harden.

ZERO excuses for what happened from Morey's perspective in 18-19 though. Signing Micheal Carter Williams and James Ennis to replace Ariza and Moute and ride an injured Paul? I was yelling about that for months on end.

Tilman just ratcheted things up a new level of roster/asset catastrophe.

#52 napalm06, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  13. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

damn lol
    imagine if that lowry was as good as now and McGrady wasn't washed and same with Artest:

Lowry, McGrady, Artest, Scola, Yao lineup with a solid bench

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

Just as stubborn as MDA and refuses to make adjustments in a 7 game series and was routinely out coached because of this. We need a coach who is open minded to changing and adapting with each match up, but both Morey and MDA refuse to do anything than their way. Morey is the same guy who said coaching doesn't matter in the playoffs.

Who knows if JVG changed and i wouldn't even be mad to bring him back, if at least to try something drastically different like making games so ugly that we always have a chance to win. Ultimately, i don't see our cheap cheap owner paying new coaches and gm's while having to still pay the old guard. I feel like this team needs a fresh, rookie coach that's a former player much like Warriors did with Kerr and now Nets with Nash. I feel like we need a little white privilege. Morey won't allow it or force the new coach to play the same no-adjustment-stubborn way.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'm drunk and skipped over last seasons semi finals loss, and i'm completely brain dead right now that i can't remember last season at all, but my point stands that it was only the Warriors in the way, get past them and you're in the Finals past Portland for sure. Would have been b2b finals appearances and possibly b2b championships if it wasn't for the most talents tacked squad ever. They should have kept the squad together and kept finding role players to fill it out for one more season.

16. fattz

fattz Member

I don’t personally know MDA but he seems like a really good person. (He does what a coach is supposed to do make his players better). I think we should keep Morey and rebuild around coach. Trade Harden for an New Orleans type return. Try to break even on Westbrook and move forward. No matter what the returns are coach can make it a better than average team. That is what he does.
    OR
    Move on from MDA tank all the way to the bottom and keep our picks. Even without the picks OKC got the best of the trade.

napalm06 and lloyde8 like this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

... in the most recent game. lol.

francis 4 prez and napalm06 like this.
  18. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Who’s looking forward to the triple layered sour cream cabbage tacos tomorrow from Jack in the box when all 3 Houston teams lose on the same night? Get your barf bags ready!

francis 4 prez likes this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Quitters and low IQ players. I agree.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Isn't it hilarious how many on this board can say these exact same things for months, even years and be vilified only for everyone to finally agree once we start taking fat L's?

Can we stop being so damn abusive on this board toward varying opinions and welcome all angles of discussion? We have absolutely 0 say in what goes on in that organization, the least we can do as fans (most of us PAYING FANS) is speculate. DD, you're 100% correct, and if you said this two years ago, three years ago, FIVE years ago, you'd still be correct. This organization is a mess, and I'm tired of all the excuses this board makes up for D'Antoni, Harden, Westbrook, and especially Morey.

Gone are the days of productive discussion on this board. Emotions, bandwagoning and xOF's stink this board up. Half of the users here think criticizing the team makes you less of a fan as them, and it discourages proper discussion. In fact the opposite is true. If you're willing to criticize your team, you obviously care about their success. We're all guilty of being snide, rude or dismissive of others and their opinions. We gotta fix that around here because it's the only proper avenue Rockets fans have to spill their brains.