1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Hate Randy Moss 2010

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by hotballa, Nov 24, 2010.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Contract year so I thought there was an off chance that he'd be real motivated and combined with an even more motivated Pats team after getting owned by the Ravens last year in the playoffs. I figure maybe he goes off for 1400 yds and 15 TDs. I mean, outside of a few CBs, who can really matchup with him one-on-one? So I spend 16% of my auction money on him...Mistake #1

Then he gets himself shipped off to Minn...I tell myself, hey this might be even better. Favre will definitely put it up for Randy at least a few times a game and let him outjump the guy covering him. I should continue to start him...Mistake #2

Ok so I'm now just trying to salvage anything from my WRs (my 2nd WR is Fitzgerald, yes yes I know, please don't say it) when I see Moss goes to the Titans. No Kenny Britt, ok. Moss gotta have a decent game right? WRONG

I wind up losing this past week by 2 points. TWO points. All I needed Moss to do was get 21 Yds receiving and I woulda won. 21 yds. and the man decides to put up a zero point week.

Thank you Mr. Moss, I'd put you on the waiver wire but you're on my league's no cut list.

2. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Well your not as bad as this one guy in my league. He traded A. Peterson for Moss and T.O. a week before we got cut my the Pats.

3. Disciple of RP

Moss in both my leagues this year, I feel ya.

Do a google image search for "no heart"...Randy Moss shows up within the first few pages.

4. hotballa

dang...and he probably thought he was getting a great deal with the way Childress was misusing AP at the time. At least T.O. picked up the slack. I'd be in fits right now though if I had done that considering how annoyed I've been at Moss this year lol

The sad thing is, if this guy's available in the mid rounds next year, I'll have to splash cold water on my face repeatedly to stop me from being tempted to take him.

5. Asian Sensation

The thing that shocks me the most is the guy looks like he really doens't give a ****. He makes lazy routes and he jogs on everything. When he does catch a pass it's cause he commited an offensive pass interference since he was out of position.

How the hell does one of the all time greats at the position fail to catch 1 freaking pass all game and have just 1 catch in 2 games?? :confused:

If I didn't know any better I'd think he was just washed up and or injured but neither is the case and even if he was old and washed up a player of his status would catch more than 0 passes a game. I'd bet my life if Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, Cris Carter or any of those guys suited up this Sunday they would catch at least a couple balls each.

I hope he proves me wrong against the pathetic Texan secondary. I doubt it.

What a worthless sac. :mad:

6. DieHard Rocket

Right there with ya :(

I've kept plugging him into the lineup thinking he might at least have a breakout 2 TD game. Nope. I'm finally benching him this week, even against the Texans ... the Redskins secondary is 31st in the league and he had 0 catches against them and looked like pure quit.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He's on my waiver wire now and I'm not touching a 10' pole.

I feel bad for the guy that had Moss in my league, he has:

Tony Romo, Shonne Greene, Hakeem Nicks, Reggie Bush, and Austin Collie.

To name a few other weak points for him this year. He's sitting at 5-6 now and managed to beat me by 2-3 points for one of those 5.... needless to say he's a long shot for the playoffs at the time.

8. hotballa

What really put me in I hate Randy mode was the Vikings game (I think they were playing the Pats) in which he drew a DPI but coulda still caught the ball except he pulled up like he had a hammy problem...meanwihle the frigging ball dropped like 1 foot away from him.

bah...this can't be healthy for me :D

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Hey, I had Kevin Kolb as my starting QB in week 1 because I thought he was going to have a good season with Philly. Luckily I picked up Vick right after the first game so I am set, but it could have been a total disaster.

10. Asian Sensation

Same here. I feel bad for anybody that drafted Kolb and didn't pick up Vick right away. Now that would have PISSED me off if somebody picked up Vick before I did being as I put a lot of stock into Kolb before the season began.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

I could not believe that play when I saw it. I couldn't figure out how the announcers didn't seem to feel the need to comment on what had just happened. They had me thinking the play was dead once the foul happened.

12. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Exact same thing happened to me last week. I could have started anyone on my bench in place of Moss last week to get those 2 points. The game had huge playoff implications for me too.

13. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Ugh tell me about it. Randy Moss actually fell right into my lap because everyone else in my league was passing up on him. I thought I got a steal and he has been a zero for most of the season. He has to put up some numbers this week, right?!

14. hotballa

This has been my sad line of thought this entire frigging football season, ultimately culminating in this thread :mad:

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

I Hate Dez Bryant 2010!

16. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

My team this year... Romo at the helm and Moss at WR.

That's about all it took to ruin things by a game or two and miss the post season.

17. Acedude

Acedude Member

He's been sitting on the bench for a month now,, but I still haven't cut him, fearing he would come back with a vengeance and haunt me in the playoffs playing for another team :(

I'm 99% sure it won't happen... but only 99% sure.

18. Asian Sensation

0 catches. ZERO. ZIP. NADA. Lucky for me I had a bye this week. I feel sorry for everyone that played him today. I bet if I play him next week against the Texans he will have 2 catches for like 26 yards. I bet if I bench him for the first time all season he breaks out with 2 TD's and 100+ yds receiving (probably not but still).

I ****ING HATE Randy Moss 2010.

19. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Member

I would be undefeated right now! If not for Moss.

20. DieHard Rocket

I lost in the playoffs last week, but just picked up Tim Tebow explicitly so I could dump Randy Moss and get the filth off my team...even though I could care less about winning in the consolation round.