1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Hate Blink 182!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketsPimp, May 31, 2002.

Tags:
  1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I don't hate many things...

being broke
    Osama Bin Laden
    not getting laid

...but one thing I REALLY hate with a passion is the band Blink 182. They are absolutely horrible!! Can they put out anymore really lame 80's B-movie, teenie bopperish crap?? Obviously they can because they keep putting out the same chitty music that sounds like it belongs in every Jennifer Love Hewitt movie(not that there is anything bad about her fine self!!).

I really think I hate these guys more than the Wackstreet Boys, N'Stink or Brittney Spheres.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. junglerules

junglerules Member

I LOVE blink.....but I have no problem with your opinion. Frankly, I'm glad you care, one way or the other.

:)

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I'm not a fan, but they recently did one of those MTV shows.. the one were a band gives a surprise free concert, I think it was called "Jammed" anyway the band was Blink and they did a free concert inside a movie theatre, they invited all their fans from that town told them they were invited to a special sneak preview of a movie, instead it was a surprise concert... anyway they singled out one girl, who lives in that town and is a HUGE fan when they called her out from the stage she just flipped out... they were super nice to her and her friends and gave a helluva show for about 50-100 hardcore fans.. they just seemed real genuine to their fans. It was good to see a band, talk and sign stuff and just be cool to their fans...

#3 rockHEAD, May 31, 2002
    Last edited: May 31, 2002
  4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I hate the Utah Jazz!

5. drapg

drapg Member

i was a fan of everything up until the release of "What's My Age Again?"... after that, they're music went horribly downhill (IMHO)...

"Dammitt" is still one of my all time favorite songs because it reminds me of Jennifer Love Hewitt in "Can't Hardly Wait" :D

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Thats when i first heard about Blink. Since then, I have been listening to them like crazy. I can see why people liked them before there exposure, because I can see the difference in their style between Dude Ranch and Enema of the State. I still like their newer albums better in my opinion.

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Ugh!! They're on the radio again!! Someone shoot me or rather shoot them.

joking....sorta

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i thinks the term we are looking at is sell out.

:p

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I have every, lol, Blink 182 CD except for Buddha.

I can tell a BIG difference in "Dude Ranch" and "Enema of the State".

EOTS is certainly more catchy and more pop friendly.

Dude Ranch is harder and takes awhile to get into, but it is an infinitely more rewarding CD.

The Offspring is sorta like Blink. They were so good with "Smash" and "Ixnay on the Hombre", and then they became popular with "Americana".

You could sorta argue that Green Day fits in the same category.

2 great punk bands that remind me of old Offspring and old Blink 182 are Pennywise (Offspring) and Lagwagon (Blink 182).

I still listen to Dude Ranch from time to time.

10. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Blink kicks ass!!!!!!!! rocket pimp have u seen the "rock show" video? what other band gets a check to make a video, then goes out in a van and gives prizes and throws cash to fans??? maybe there music isnt as heavy anymore or its "popish" but they still love there fans and and want to continue selling cds, and the way you sell cds is having fans, obviously they must be succeding too. Blink forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

11. DiSeAsEd MoNkEy

dont they have a song that goes like "i wanna f*** a dog in the ass"?

NO THANK YOU BUDDY.

12. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

you are exactly right man. when i first got Dude Ranch, i hated it. but now i cant stop listening to it. it's real punk man...and cheshire cat is awesome too. buddha is probably the least of their cd's. i HATE enema of the state its crap. however, take off your pants and jacket is a great cd. the mark, tom and travis show is so fun however, it's great to hear them play live. trust me, if you go to a concert of theirs (ive been to two and they're in town again june 15 ill be there!) youll never go back.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Manny, Offspring broke out with Smash....."Come out and Play" and "Self-Esteem" were both huge hits. I loved the former, never liked the latter. I just can't get into the singer for some reason. As for B182, same thing, I can't stand the singer. He sounds like he's 12. The band TSAR plays much smarter punk-pop on their self-titled debut album. Same with the band "A".

14. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

TheFreak what song are you talking about? Both Mark and Tom sing, i am taking its tom, i guess u dont have to like his voice but you have to give respect for being as big as they are, if you read my post above you probably know why they get and keep so many fans.

15. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

They're ok, but I went to their show and it seemed more like an audition for a tampon commercial, than a rock concert. I lost all respect for them after that.