1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"I guess I've done my duty"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack Member

Ok..............., Then can you please explain what the idea of redeployment is? Where do we redeploy to?

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Here's a reasonable response I found in about ten seconds on google. The source is at least as good as the ones basso typically uses...

Many progressive voices now consider a redeployment plan the best path to victory in Iraq. But what does redeployment mean? Redeployment calls for the vast majority of U.S. troops to leave Iraq over a set time scale. Some would stay in the region at the ready, others would return to their home bases, and still others would be redeployed to other anti-terrorism posts.

http://www.campusprogress.org/tools/1184/crib-sheet-iraq-redeployment

D&D. Impeach Dildo and His Battery.

3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

redeployment == cut and run

4. thadeus

thadeus Member

Man, **** the troops.

That's right, I said it.

This military-worship is ridiculous. It's a backlash against the hippies spitting on Vietnam vets (which was itself ridiculous, but that doesn't make the other extreme automatically correct).

At best, these boys and girls genuinely believe the propaganda and think they're saving American lives (by losing their own) - in other words, in the best case scenario, they got suckered.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Our Hero Angel Patriot Warrior Angels that We Support are just a bunch of marks. Well-meaning marks maybe, but still marks.

If you want to support them, vote them a pay raise, shorten the length of service, end the war, and send them to college so they won't have to serve in the military anymore.

Excessive admiration for militarism is a bad thing. A bad thing that the military-industrial complex has succeeded in implanting deep into our cultural rectum.

So, in that spirit, take that "We Support More Troops Than You" magnetic sticker off your car, roll it up and douse it in gasoline, light it on fire, and jam it up your ass.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Her husband was back home?
    She had been in Iraq for 12 months?
    She had recently become pregnant?

Either I'm missing something or she just gave us the answer to why her marriage isn't working.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If accurate - and, unfortunately, that's probably a humongous if - Alison K. is dealing with more bad experiences before her 30s than most of us deal with in our entire life. In that case, the positive attitude may just be a defense mechanism, or just the implied appreciation to have "made it out" alive.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I'll agree in part with lines 3, 6 and 7.

8. gifford1967

gifford1967 Member
    Supporting Member

stupidmoniker is a bad ass. He'll fight to the last drop of someone else's blood.

9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Damn skippy, I love it when American soldiers die, almost as much as killing those damn Hajis. Let's invade Russia next, that at least would be a real war.

Huh?

Right.

10. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Member

That would not be an honest assessment of what I would expect of a "responsible redeployment."

My definition would be planning a course of action that allows us to take our troops out of harms way such that we leave Iraq under the control of its armed forces and police as opposed to OUR armed forces. I would expect it to be a phased process and would further expect that we would leave trainers and advisors in place to continue training Iraqs armed forces and police and to provide logistical support and intelligence.

You are welcome to paint that as “ Surrender, Give Up, Leave, Quit,” but that characterization is a simple one that does not describe the process of a "responsible redeployment." If you are so simple that you can only understand “ Surrender, Give Up, Leave, Quit” when I say "responsible redeployment," then I am truly sorry for you.

11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Member
    Supporting Member

You know what? You're right.

12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That makes sense, but even still, when I hear her story as it's told I don't think "What a hero!", I think "Damn, this girl is bat**** crazy!".

13. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Member

I know our troops would be honored to be condemned by a self-hating American psyhcopath scum and a muslim American whose loyalties lie with his islamic jihadist brothers.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Is this the kind of post that is allowed around here? I was just curious what kind of stuff is ok, and what isn't.

I'm actually all in favor of judgemental, ignorant people, showing how little they know in a public forum. The more they show their simple mindedness the better off we all be.

#34 FranchiseBlade, Aug 29, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  15. thadeus

thadeus Member

Wait ... you mean me? I don't hate myself! I'm ****ing awesome!

(p.s. do you have a 'Support Our Troops' magnetic thing, or did you make the committment and use a real sticker?)

16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Member
    Supporting Member

Yep, my American, Collegiate, Atheist, Sarcastic, Intelligent brothers.

****. How am I supposed to fit Islamic jihadist in there... :(