1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I guess it is OPEN SEASON to kill black men in America...no one seems to care.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 3, 2014.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

You don't like facts, huh?

The "victim" you speak of resisted arrest. But if it makes you feel better, keep on taking up for people like that.

2. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

He also died because he resisted arrest. But let's not worry about that huh?

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script> <div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205000792287061" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205000792287061">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/Mightydanjahras">Danjahras Anthony</a>.</div></div>

It just doesn't stop smh

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Now that's a legit case of police wrongdoing and I hope every one of them ends up fired or in jail depending on their role.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If not for the video . . . you would still be claiming. . . DON'T BREAK THE LAW
    and THE COPS ARE RIGHT!!

and fired? They tried to take away someone's freedom .. . how is that not automatic jail time for them?

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Good grief.

Wow.

That is terrifying.

7. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I think Kareem Abdul-Jabbar said it best:

In a Dec. 21, 2014 article about the shooting, the Los Angeles Times referred to the New York City protests as “anti-police marches,” which is grossly inaccurate and illustrates the problem of perception the protestors are battling. The marches are meant to raise awareness of double standards, lack of adequate police candidate screening, and insufficient training that have resulted in unnecessary killings. Police are not under attack, institutionalized racism is. Trying to remove sexually abusive priests is not an attack on Catholicism, nor is removing ineffective teachers an attack on education. Bad apples, bad training, and bad officials who blindly protect them, are the enemy. And any institution worth saving should want to eliminate them, too.

http://www.attn.com/stories/525/both-right-wing-and-left-wing-lunatics-kill-police-officers-thats-not-point

8. dback816

dback816 Member

And yet the police's attempts to remove the bad apples from the community are seen as attacks on the community.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

considering they have little interest in removing bad apples from their own departments . .. . .

Rocket River

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So if someone resists arrest LE should be allowed to use any means to subdue him?

11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Once again you are ignoring how this technique exactly works, which I explained in detail earlier in the thread. If this technique is as safe as you think it is and all blame lies with Garner the NYPD wouldn't have banned it in the first place.

The ME already cited that neck compression was one of the factors that killed him. That can only come from the use of the particularly technique that Officer Pantaleo applied. To repeat a technique that was banned because of how dangerous it is.

12. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Do you live your own life blaming others for bad things that happen in your life that you could have changed through your own actions?

Do you believe that Garner could have changed the outcome of this situation through his own actions?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There were multiple contributing factors, why in your mind was the "choke hold" more significant than the others? Is it just that it's the one factor that gives you the opportunity to blame someone else, or is there another reason for it?

14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

That's a rather interesting argument from you since you have been continually citing Garner's weight and health condition to blame him. Is there a reason you continually cite Garner's weight rather than consider other factors?

To answer your question directly I have expertise in this technique which is one reason why I have been discussing it. The second reason is that the ME cited that as a significant factor so we know that was a critical factor. While Garner's health is an issue the fact, as stated by the medical examiner, is that without the pressure applied he wouldn't have died. This would be like if I punched someone in the head who had previous brain trauma and they died. While the the poor condition of the person's brain was a contributing factor clearly the punch was a causal factor leading to the person's death. In such a situation I would likely face murder or at least manslaughter charges even though the victim's preexisting health conditions were a contributing factor.

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Sure Garner could have. If you read my previous posts you will note I said that Garner shouldn't have resisted arrest. Now let me ask you this do you think that Officer Pantaleo could've changed the outcome of the situation if he didn't use a banned technique?

All of y'all who keep on arguing personal responsibility continue to ignore that the LE also have responsibility.

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I find it incredulous that y'all are bringing up blame when the whole argument justifying Officer Pantaleo's actions is to blame Garner for his own death.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I cite Garner's weight, health, and his foolish decision to resist arrest because those are the primary causes for his death IMO. He could have easily avoided 2 and a half of those.

You can't really compare a situation where you were breaking the law by assaulting someone to a situation where cops were attempting to effect an arrest so that whole scenario you just came up with is irrelevant.

Are we talking about legal justification, or moral justification? They are two separate things. The legal justification for the officer's actions are directly related to Garner's actions. The officer's actions were legally justified according to article 35.30 of the NY Penal Law code.

If you want to make a moral argument, that's fine.

18. Remii

Remii Member

Common practice...