1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I guess I was wrong

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Sofine81, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I thought the GARM was for discussing rumors, trades, and such?

I just posted a question that was locked. I understand there was no link. But not every question has a link that can be put to it.

I am a little disappointed in Clutchfans today.

:(

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Your "question" was more than likely answered already or has no reason for being alone in a thread... whereas you can also post that same question in an already-existing thread. :eek: That's just my assumption... what was your question, anyway?

You still are getting away with a thread here.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You provided no link or source for your absurd rumor. All you said was that you thought you heard it on ESPN radio. That's just not good enough, especially for a "rumor" that was so ridiculous.

4. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I freaking said, where I heard it. If you cant come to the GARM what is the point.

Also Haymitch I have seen your comments and haven't read one that was sports related or even smart. You just troll around putting every one down.
    I bet you are a fun dude to be around

1 person likes this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well since you're trying to make this about me now, let's just look at the 5 posts I made just before this. And I'll assume that by "you haven't read one" you actually mean "you haven't had one".

2 were about the Rockets. (One about our next 7 games, one about Asik v Dwight.)
    1 was in this thread.
    1 was an (apparently unfunny) joke-ish post in the thread you started which was deemed bad enough to be closed.
    1 was actually an attempt to help you out and clear up a misunderstanding you had with someone. No ill will intended at all.

I didn't put anyone down... but that will likely happen soon.

Whether I'm "fun" or not, I don't know. I'll set up a survey and distribute it to those I hang around with in real life and I'll get back to you.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I don't know what forum you have been around if you think threads like that were encouraged, cause it sure hasnt been this one. Clutch has requested time after time that links need to be provided from reputable sources....it was only recently that twitter was accepted as a source for thread-worthy material here...and even then it must be from established and credible people.

You had no substantiation to it, hell you couldnt even remember for sure where you heard it. It *might* have got by if it wasn't such an illogical "rumor".

7. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

You are 100% right. I was dead wrong for judging you. I didnt mean to cause any harm with my Harden thread.

1 person likes this.
  8. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I have read MUCH crazier things on this board. I think the worst thing is nearly every thread you have some smart butt, who instead of adding to the conversation, just says, "In before the lock".

I rarely post, but because of limited Rocket's access due to cable, and that joke of a radio station Texan's radio 610, I want to come on here and read things other than 20 guys pontificating how smart they are on the rules of the GARM.

I know I am outta line today, but that is how I feel.

I'm not upset you locked the thread, you have a job to do.

9. Granville

Granville Member

Would you rather they replace IBTL with Wow this is a dumb f'n thread.

10. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

No sir. I would rather talk sports. What is wrong with just looking and walking away if you dont like the topic? Just a question...

11. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

It might have been about 10-12 years ago it got so bad on clutchfans that Clutch set up a sticky and said Anyone who responds with IBTL will be banned from Clutchfans.

Of course this was at least a decade ago. Then I didnt really understand what the big deal was, but now I so understand. It is annoying as hades.:grin: