1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I guess everybody's looking silly with Shabazz Muhammad looking GREAT

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Mar 7, 2015.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Three things:

3. He would actually have had to have been the most PANNED draft selection in the past 10 years.

Kind of hard for a 14th pick that was projected to be a top 3 pick had he come out a year earlier. I live in the Twin Cities and don't remember it being the most panned selection in the past 10 years. Shoot, Flynn and Lawson being drafted in the first round after the Wolves had already taken Rubio were much more maligned.

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Guys taken at #14 in a terrible draft usually don't get much hate beyond the immediacy of the draft itself and Muhammad is no real exception, plenty of busts there, two of them ours!

It's the guys taken early, like Bennett that last a lifetime

3. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

2013 NBA draft is actually turning out some really quality players.

A lot of guys who just needed time to show their promise.

Shabbazz
    Schroeder
    Giannis
    KCP
    Oladipo
    Plumlee
    Rudy Gobert
    MCW
    Olynyk

People thought the best case scenario out of this draft were role players.

I personally think Giannis, Schroeder and Gobert at the minimum will all become all stars. And I think Giannis has the potential to be a top 5 player in the NBA if he continues to get better and better. He's just such a unique player, if he hits his stride he could just be absolutely dominant, on another level.

4. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

LOL i would love to know how " what " minds functions. of course ppl hated the #1 overall pick for taking that bust, he was projected to be a teen lottery at best.

on a side note, this dude said that " fournier" and elfrid Payton are about to be the best back court in the league and on their way to becoming superstars. LOL

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Unrelated to your post, but I wanted to use this as a starting point. Do you guys believe that these players would've been better off in college for another year or two Or, does it serve them more appropriately to enter the NBA at an earlier age to get adjusted to the superior competition and style of play?

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jonny Flynn could do that

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

yeah in the NBL.

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

LOL... Right!!!

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What's straw man's are really weird in general

who furiously attacked the Minnesota organization for drafting someone at number 14???

11. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Well in my opinion, so far the three best talents in that class were all foreign players (Giannis, Schroeder, and Gobert). And they were poorly scouted by a number of teams in the league, all three are showing fantastic potential.

How on earth Giannis went 15th, in a draft which at the time seemed exceptionally lacking in potential stars, is beyond me. How many times do teams bet on players in the top 5 only based on athleticism? How does Cody Zeller go #4 but Giannis #15?

For guys who could have benefited from another year of seasoning, McClemore most definitely could have. Perhaps Steven Adams? There were a ton of upperclassmen from that class though, more than the usual.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

What are you talking about, what? LOL please post these multitude of posts where people were sickened by Minny drafting Shabazz?

Shabazz was a 14th pick, a guy like him at the 14th spot was great value compare him as a prospect against guys like Patterson, Marcus Morris and other guys drafted at 14th Shabazz rates ok and looks better than most 14th picks. Here's a couple of articles that like Minny's draft selection:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nnesota-timberwolves-2013-nba-draft-decisions

http://www.thehoopstuff.com/minnesota-timberwolves-timberwolves-draft-grades/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...des-pick-by-pick-cleveland-cavaliers/2465505/

Oh man, they really hated that Shabazz pick :rolleyes:The funny thing is you are so out of touch with reality you completely missed on how everyone piled up on the Cavs for picking Bennett at number 1, maybe they liked the dude at first but after two weeks and he still hasn't scored a point or gotten a reb everybody was mocking the Cavs. You dismissed guys like Waiters for being bad picks but why the **** will people attack Minny if they don't think he was a bad pick? What kind of logic is going through your head where people will randomly hate on a guy even if he was a good pick at that spot? Unless you personally know Shabazz then there's no reason why people will attack Minny if they thought Shabazz was a decent pick for 14th...which he is.

I'm adding this thread to the clueless ones you've made so far like how Rudy Gay was gonna be the next Kevin Durant.

13. what

what Member

If I said he was not the biggest panned pick in the last 10 years but just a panned pick that obviously looks much better today, would that satisfy your complaint.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That wouldn't be an intriguing thread.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You know who else refers himself in the third person?

[​IMG]

16. what

what Member

:)

I guess I just need to suck it up and let yall have fun at my expense as the entertainment dunce.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

So why start the thread then? Shabazz hasnt exactly been tearing the league a new one either, he's pretty much playing like 14th pick should. Also I tried to search for anybody who panned the pick at the time and couldnt find anybody, almost every draft site had the pick B-A minus, in fact some people were saying it was a steal.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He reminds me of a young rudy gay.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well I wouldn't state it so harshly.

You are a conversation starter.

20. Nook

Nook Member

What an odd little man you are.

The Timberwolves did not receive "vitriol" for selecting Shabazz at very end of the lottery.

He certainly had a bounce back season, worked hard on his conditioning and showed that he is capable of being at a minimum a rotation swing player and possibly a long term starter. He needs to take another couple steps to become a "star".... Right now he is in the "promising but not quite as promising as Terrance Jones" group of probable long term NBA players.

Not everyone can reach Rudy Gay or Kevin Durant status.