1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

I got Accepted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dnjndmrc5, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

Not long ago I applied for admission at Texas State University-San Marcos (Formery Southwest Texas State). I received word that I got admitted. My first plans were to transfer with an Associate Degree, but I had curiousity to see if would get in with the grades that I have. I have 37 credits but I wanted to transfer with 61. Anyone in this forum from San Marcos or the University, or got have kids going there. How is life up there? How is the college, the town? I hear its a nice place. I'm also curious to know if could get accepted somewhere else. If got in texas state could it be possible that i could get in a school like Texas Tech?

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

yes

3. Just B

Just B Member

Congrats man, I remember when BGSU accpeted me, i was so happy (it's not a hard school to get into really but it just felt good getting that letter!) ;)

4. PhiSlammaJamma

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I thought everyone got accepted there regardless ;). At least they used to back in my day.

Congratulations!

6. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

I think that's probably a given.

Congrats on getting in; getting the acceptance letter is always a great feeling.

I made occasional trips to San Marcos as an undergrad and I still have friends there I visit every now and again. I love San Marcos. It's always terrific fun. The proximity to Austin/The University is a bonus too.

You should think about applying to UT, if you haven't already.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

GET READY to walk those hills... make sure to catch the sunset... looks great on Winter!

8. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

I would apply to UT but the lady on the phone said they are looking for transfer students with GPA's around 3.5

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I went to school in beautiful San Marcos. You'll have a blast.

10. Agent27

Agent27 Member

I'm currently a senior at Texas State. I transfered in from San Jac last year. I really like it here. The hills suck. I gained almost 10 pounds in the first few week because of the rock hard calves I developed. The school's nice. Lots of hot chicks. Parking sucks. Parties happen often if you're into that. The school even provides a free service to take you home if you're too drunk. Live music almost every night. Right between San Antonio and Austin.

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Why do schools change their names like that? Like Memphis State University dropping the State and being renamed the University of Memphis?

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

My favorite is Troy State becoming Troy. Troy is a really cool name, likening up images of the ancient city of Troy, from Homer's Iliad. Troy State sounds a lot worse.

13. Agent27

Agent27 Member

Well, I thing a big reason SWT did it is because it's not in southwest Texas. Plus, Texas State just sounds more important.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think this was a bigger reason. SWT has/had a huge reputation as a party school and party school only. It's really trying hard to shred that image.

15. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

if you couldn't tell by my handle, i attend (southwest) Texas State University. this is my 4th year here, i transfered from Tomball community college w/ 27 hrs. when i got here admissions were still a joke, but they've actually gotten a lot harder. hell, it only took a 2.25 to get in the business school, but it went up to a 3.0 a few years back. while this ain't UT, it is a decent school.

if you like partying, you've definitely come to the right place. while the party scene has died down considerably over the past 3 years (almost entirely attributed to the pigs and city government), there is still a lot of shindigs to attend, especially w/in the Greek scene - Kappa Sigma being the best (shameless plug). the bar scene blows since they all close at midnight..... God that sucks. but the girls here are gorgeous and plentiful. officially it's around 60/40 in favor of the ladies..... :D

if you decide to come - which you should - i hope you have a great time. forget Tech, it's in the middle of no where, and the education youl'll receive will be no better than the one you'll receive here. plus we've got the rivers, hill country, and Austin and San Antonio all w/in an 45 minutes.

let me know if you have any questions.

17. jjryulee

jjryulee Member

Congratulations!

18. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I plan to go to Southwest Texas State also in about a year or so. I am intrested in the Health Information Management program. Southwest is the only college in Texas that provides a B.A. for HIM in Texas. So naturally, I have to go there. I have to get my Associates Degree, become RHIT certified, and take about 11 - 12 prereqs. I can't wait though, although I have heard its hard to get into the HIM Program.

19. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

I'll give you one good reason NOT to try to get into Texas Tech.

DRY COUNTY.

San Marcos is cool. I've had a couple of friends go there, and it seems Austin on a smaller scale.

20. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

That's one of the reasons why I would like to go there. I am pretty shy when it comes to meeting girls. And I havent really been in too much parties. So hopefully the experience up there will lossen me up.