1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Feel EXTREMELY PROUD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Almu, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I just want to say that in the face of what could be the biggest disaster in the history of our beloved country, Houston has stepped up big time.

When 9/11 happened, I was so proud to be not only an American, but a New Yorker who saw my city respond like never a city had to EVER. I am also a Houstonian. Born and raised. And as Houstonian I am so proud of my home town and the way they have taken in these people who suffered through the worse horror imaginable.

We can blame everyone and everyone for what happened and the response and all that. But despite all that, Houston has given these people temporary homes, has put their kids in HISD schools, will provide temporary jobs for the adults and will provide permanent homes for a lot of them in the future.

I think the greatest thing about our country is the way people pull together in times of crisis. You can't help but feel proud the way cities are taking these people into their economies to help them try to get back some sense of normalcy.

Houston did and is doing a great job. Like one person said who came from New Orleans and is now in the Astrodome "Thank God for Houston".

Amen to that.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the people i was with last night kept saying, "i'll never forget texas...i'll never forget texas."

3. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

We did what I would hope any city in the country would do. I helped sandbag in the 93 Mississippi floods in the Midwest to protect farms and the response there was very similar to what I've seen here. It's good to know that when there is a job to do, we can all roll up our sleeves and get the work done.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Nice post, Almu.

5. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Definitely gotta tip your cap to the city of Houston for helping out their neighbor. It's the only positive in this whole mess.

6. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

this goes in d&d because .... why?

7. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Don't you know that praising Houston is very controversial in some circles. ;)

My hats off ya Houston. I've always defended the place to people who've never lived there and now everyone knows why Houston is so great!

8. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

must be lol

but seriously, I'm damn proud of this city for the way it stepped up for the victims/refugees/evacuees of Katrina

donated some money to the cause, wish I could have volunteered, but working and going to college takes away what time I have.