1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I feel bad on the coaches

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lonestar, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Our core players are at prime age, but not playing the prime games.

Look at the age:
    28+: Yao, Scola (Under current coach, Yao is declining)
    29+: Artest, T-Mac (Artest's shooting % is at worst while the Best T-Mac only left in our memory)
    30+: Battier (Worse)
    32+: Alston (Hard to find the good game)

The only one playing the prime games is Scola right now.

Indeed we got the best time for Rox to produce something big. However I am so disappointed not by the players not producing, but by the coach not coaching right. Any time when we lost, it's our players' fault. It's T-Mac's fault, it's Yao's fault, Artest's fault.

When a country assembles the best soldiers, it's the general to make them together to fight the best.

I am so worried about our coaches, not players. I am still optimistic about Rox future in a year or 2. However something should be changed. We got the best soldiers in the planet.

When we lost a game, the soldiers are blamed by the general. Especially the best soldiers are losing the abilities to fight (we got best offensive and defensive players supposedly). I dont think it's a right way to move forward

(sorry i am speaking Rocket science language ;) )

p.s.: the past performance does not necessarily mean the future performance. Things are changing everyday

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Oh come on, it looks like we are San Antonio, right? I mean with the age. Just wait till everybody gets HEALTHLY

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

How about the fans? Feel bad for the fans, not the coaches. The players aren't the only ones at fault, the coaches share the blame as well.

4. TracyMcGreat

TracyMcGreat Member

its too early in the season to judge.

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

"I feel bad on the coaches"

Is that the equivalent of puking on them?

I thought the thread was going to be about you sitting in the seats behind the Rockets bench, drinking too much then puking on Adelman's, Turner's and Sikma's backs. :D

6. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

No one, I mean no one, on this current rockets team, it is on the same level as Tim Duncan

7. Seth

Seth Member

Nor Parker, nor Ginobili, and nowhere tthe chemistry that team has.

8. Crush

Crush Rookie

It's what he means. Bad English

9. Crush

Crush Rookie

But otherwise good thread. I give a pass on the coaching for now because of that 22 win streak

10. Linp

Linp Member

do u guys miss a man named 'Jeff Van Gundy'?

11. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

This thread is a joke. YAO IS DECLINING??????

12. GMAC

GMAC Member

JVG and his infamous offense, responsible for only 4 Rockets scoring in a game during the Utah playoff series

13. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Early last season we struggled, but we fought. It was Yao who led and turned the team around. Then later we got 22 win streak

This year we struggle, but who is leading the team to fight? With the addiction of Artest, Rox was beaten by Tim Duncan alone, struggled 3 quarters along with Washington the worst east team, struggled against OKC who is the worst west team

Only one good game so far, road to Dallas

We got the talents, the best Rox in the past 10 years. When we lost, the coaches blamed the players, i am so disappointed.

Do we miss Yao at JVG's last year? Do we miss old T-Mac? Do we dream about a better Artest? They are at best ages to play, my friends

I am not making the verdict, but we seriously got problem. We do have time, but we have to stand to face the facts. We got to change

I am waiting for 40th game. I hope that early pain process will avoid our future pain

14. killlogan

killlogan Member

The coach is intentionally restricting their minutes, just for Playoffs. If we wanna see 100% yao and mac, we have to let them rest fully during the regular season.
    It's true that some other stars of their age can paly over 39mins and still be energetic enough in the playoffs, like LBJ and stoudmire etc. But yao&mac are neither stoudmire nor LBJ who is heathy. Yao and mac are both under 30 but both look older than their age, even than deke. For the sake of playoffs and heath that we need most, we have to limit their minutes. as well as artest, for that matter.

15. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

No Ginobili & Parker either. SA is officially back. They're going to be a scary bunch to beat. Props to them for picking George Hill and signing Roger Mason. My new fantasy rule: avoid Rockets, go for the Spurs.

16. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

With T-Mac not playing tonight, it's time for the coach to show up his wisdom. Playing Yao 38+ mins? Artest 40+? Not the good solutions. We got the enough talents

We will win against Spurs tonight ;) ;)

17. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Scolandry needs to school the Spurs if we want to win this game.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Nice prediction. Did you know we would win by 19?

19. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

What do you do to soldiers who won't follow the general's orders? I'd say they should be shot.

20. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

With Battier not playing tonight, we will lose today's game by 15 pts :( :(

Ron would play 40+ mins :D :D