1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I feel bad for George Springer

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by VanityHalfBlack, Oct 9, 2022.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Didn't deserve to be on a choke team for the ages like that. Can we still get him back?

2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

he wanted out. He left.

msn, red5rocket, ryan_98 and 15 others like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Feel bad for what. He left on his own and got a deal he worked hard for. Plays for a good team that just choked plain and simple. Welcome to sports

ROCKSS, msn, red5rocket and 12 others like this.
  4. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I don't feel bad for him and he deserved to go for the money. He seems to be having fun there and probably has escaped the cheating scandal for the most part.

I will say though, out-of all the players who left, I'd want him back the most (taken into account injury history and the fact he won't cost a boatload)

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

He reaps what he sows.

ryan_98, vince and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Wouldn't be so sure about that.

eliefor3 and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

He and Correa chose to leave. They can enjoy their money with early vacations.

AXG, red5rocket, SLRokJok and 3 others like this.
  8. vince

vince Member

Springer played his heart out for the Astros. I have no hard feelings about him CHOOSING to leave the Astros.

From a few folks I respect, Springer couldn’t wait to leave, ad he was still very upset how the Astros handled his service time early, which got them to keep him out of free agency an extra year.

But I heard Correa wanted to come back, but the Astros were elated about Jeremy Peña’s potential. So, even though they offered Correa a contract, it was more just to save face.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  9. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Correa played the game and got burned. He just doesn't know it yet. Neither do some of his sycophants who expect him to get $300M after an off season.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Feel bad for him? Nope.

vince and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Sorry he was injured. Hope his is O.K.

msn and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  12. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I don't like seeing any player injured. Worn out maybe, but not injured. Fortunately he has plenty of time to recover.

13. Buck Turgidson

Did he put on a Scott Boras cap after the series was over?

AXG, Stephen66, jklb and 3 others like this.
  14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Springer was extremely important to the Astros in terms of wins when he was on the field… and he’s had almost the exact same effect on the Jays (and their records with and without him).

He plays the game hard… and almost all of his injuries have been a result of playing the game hard.

Its been well documented that he wasn’t going to cut the Astros a deal after how they manipulated the service time. With the new CBA rule incentives, that has largely gone away (or you may have seen them stash Pena for a month in AAA this year). Unfortunately the extra year they got was the 2020 season, which the majority of fans weren’t allowed in and didn’t get a chance to show their true appreciation for his time here.

15. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

If he was not informed of the 6 year $180 deal by his agent, then I could sympathize with him. But calling the Astros is off the table once you sign to be represented by an agent. Everything works through the agent.

If the offer was not presented and was authorized, then it's on the Astros and particularly Click. But I've never heard the actual story. Just cross accusations.

16. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I don’t do twitter normally but reading some of the threads regarding his injury made me lose faith in what little humanity we have left. Nothing unexpected of course but the “I hope the cheater never plays again” was off the charts.

17. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Why in the hell would you feel sorry for some one who chose to leave and makes millions on top of millions of dollars a year to play a kid's game. I have no ill will towards him but f that.

vince and VanityHalfBlack like this.