1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I f$@king love this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Agent94, Dec 15, 2023.

1. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

There are qualities that this team has that really give me championship Rockets vibes. Not saying we are there, or really even that close yet, because we don't have an Hakeem or Clyde level talent. But watching the other night I just started feeling feels that I haven't felt since the 94/95 squad and my basketball awakening. For instance, uncle Jeff was giving me flashbacks to Otis Thorpe. Not the shoulders or teeth but the way he just seems to play with so much strength and poise. Jabari is giving me Horry vibes and Tari Sam Cassel vibes. Vanvleet Kenny Smith and Brooks Mad Max.

I don't know that we need a Hakeem to go far. I figure we'll find our way if we keep our defensive identity and one of the youngsters has that Neo seeing the Matrix moment. Sengun still seems to be evolving into his charizard form and looks like he might grow into a mega in the next year or two. That's for you millenial nerds.

Anyhoo, thanks for the love thread. Feels good to testify once in a while.