1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I enjoyed the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Apr 5, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

So we might not make the playoffs, but they were fun to watch. At least they aren't astro's bad. Being a fan is sometimes hard, but that is what being a fan is about.

2. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

We live and we learn throughout bumps and the burns

I'm damn proud to call myself a rocket fan.

Everything might not go our way but we don't quit and give 110%, playoffs or no playoffs it was a joy to watch this team fight threw the struggles of the season to make it interesting.

Well just have to come back next year hopefully with Rick to lead us were ready for take off captain. Great season tough times but some great moments I had a blast watching them this season and will miss the over the summer :(but hey! Impossible is nothing!

MVP-Lowry&Hayes

Houston Rockets-Where Heart meets Hustle

3. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Season started off horrible, and I'm ashamed to admit I wasn't proud of the team at all.. But post all-star break was 2009-2010esque. I became proud again.

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I feel good about it, too. Earlier I was all for tanking, but I am proud of how they kept fighting. We are on an upward tick. We just need a bit of luck to make a big jump. Maybe Yao comes back. Maybe we get real lucky on a draft pick or two. We are getting younger and closer.

5. NMS is the Best

I love how we have a great young, talented team here in Houston. We are only going to get better...:cool:

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I love how we waived Brad Miller... (in 2 weeks)

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

There was a period mid season where they definitely were not fun to watch.

8. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

Ups and downs but rockets still are team.

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

The season started out rough, Yao going down, Brooks struggled as well did the team. After the trades, it became fun. Hopefully the Rockets resign coach and Chuck, add another big and continue playing the way they left off.

I live and die with this team, so yeah disappointed, but proud of the way they responded after the rough start. Draft, free agency and next year, right? Plus we still have four wins left this season.

#9 mikol13, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  10. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

What we saw this season is the potential of the Rockets. More so, it is how close we are to achieving greatness. The future of this team is only gonna get brighter. We are almost set for the future and I can't wait to see it. I am proud to say that I am a diehard fan of the Houston Rockets! :grin:

11. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

Excellent thread. There are simply too many negative threads in the GARM these days.

I hope the Rockets can have more luck after this season. When I say more luck instead of just luck, it's because they have had some luck this season.

For example:
    -PPat has turned out to be a stud in his first season.
    -Hayes has improved to the point he is no longer a defensive liability.
    -Chuck Hayes was an undrafted free agent.
    -Kyle Lowry has played like a perennial all-star and will outplay his extension if he continues.
    -Courtney Lee is a stud.

These are a few of the developments that have really made the cause for optimism going forward. The team just needs more luck when it comes to injuries for them to take the next step.

Hopefully this luck will come next season by way of a trade for a legit center or by drafting a bright young center prospect.

I feel that had this team had a solid, defensive, rebounding, shot blocking presence at center with true height, they would likely have been comfortable in the playoffs battling it out with the Mavs for home court.

12. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I am disappointed, but i am proud of the way our team has played post-All Star break. we're a young team with some very exciting players. Adelman did a wonderful job this year. If there is a silver lining to all of this, it's the fact that our "assets" have all received a bump in value since the trade deadline. It is not inconceivable that a guy like Bud, Hill, or maybe even Scola, could be packaged for a difference maker.

i think the guy most teams will have interest in is Pat, but i'd keep pat, lee, lowry, hayes, and martin, and try to add two difference makers by offering up scola (after watching Pat consistently nail the 20footer, i'm beginning to think that Scola should be packaged for a player at a position of need), hill, bud, twill, and picks. Will it be enough? Perhaps with a little Morey magic

Obviously we were bitten by the injury bug with Yao, but that's not an excuse for not making the playoffs. Every team deals with injuries. It's clear that Morey should have found a better plan B at center. That was a mistake. Also, i don't see how the Twill acquisition helped us in any way (but the verdict is still out). However, Pat has turned out to be a real find. Lee has turned out to be indispensable. And Lowry's emergence as a top PG in this league, months after we locked him in to a value contract shows how shrewd and wise a GM Morey is. I remain optimistic about the future. Howard 012 baby!

14. rocketsmetalspd

I am extreme optimist and believe the team can still make it interesting down the last 4 games. Still believe until it is finally over.

15. PeppermintCandy

After trading away Battier and Brooks and only adding a backup PG to the rotation at the deadline, I really didn't expect much from the remaining group of players.

But I was pleasantly surprised by how wll they played, and it was definitely fun watching them make a serious run at a playoff spot, even though they did fall short.

16. conquistador#11

Is it too early to start the off seaso photoshop thread?

I enjoyed the season too. Looking foward to the future. With this owner, you know he'll do anything he can to get this team back to winning.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

18. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I'm trying...

19. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

i was happy with how we played after the all star game. But the first part of the season was torture to watch. Hopefully our guys play wiht the same sort of passion next season. Also, hopefully we get some serious production out of thabeet, or upgrade at the center position. (i love cuck wagon still) guys a beast.

20. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Yeah we got an excellent team here, way proud of em. Wed easily win 50 games if Lowry and Chuck were healthy all season.