1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I don't get this

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oldgunrules, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

IF we are behind 3 other teams, wouldn't that be 4th best?

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

hey man i just got into work cut me some slack here ;)

its going take forever for 5pm to come around (pst) so i can go home to watch the game

3. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

The new rule is more reasonable but not perfect. The Jazz could end up having worse record than both the Rockets and the Lakers and yet will still be #4 seed being a division winner. Then either the Lakers or the Rockets will be a #6 seed to play the #3 seed.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That's exactly why its still stupid for the NBA to rank "division winners" in a league where everybody in each conference plays the SAME schedule.

Unless they move to an unbalanced schedule, it doesn't make sense to reward division winners with higher seeds... if your scenario happens this year, they will HAVE to start ranking teams 1-8 based on conference.

Screw the divisions.

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

i think its wrong. With the new seeding its record only. Thats way the 2 best records last would see each other until the conf finals. Right now the rox are 4th behind sa. Its the winning percentage that counts 1st.