1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I don’t understand all the vitriol

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wulaw Horn, May 1, 2019.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There's a very loud segment of fans on here that thinks bashing everyone and everything will make them feel better, or earns them some kind of fan cred.

Wulaw Horn and RayRay10 like this.
  2. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Hey champ, check the date on the OP. It’s from 2 weeks ago. We weren’t wver likely to win this series bc they are all time greats. No shame in that.

3. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I actually don’t even really like Harden all that much. I’m a Houstonian and a rocket fan sure, but the Horn part of my name is where the allegiance lies for me.
    Harden is amazing in his own way. It’s not my cup of tea necessarily, but seriously, anyone who can’t recognize his greatness or puts a loser tag on him is a simpleton. He’s awesome. And Golden state is better. No shame in that.

4. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I’d like a million dollars in the bank and a 12 inch ****. One out of 2 isn’t bad. You are being unrealistic and a baby. The team on the other side is on scholarship too and just better. You don’t have to neg your team when they lose. Sometimes the other guy is just better. Shrug.

5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

But one shot in the last 7 minutes of the biggest opportunity of a lifetime?

6. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Says the man who screen name does exactly what he's self-righteously accusing everyone else of.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Uh.... screen name? I'm guessing you meant the FireBillObrien headline.

I've legitimately never seen you here before. It helps to know someone's tendencies and personality before you just barge in and start swinging.

Now read these definitions and then re-read my post and yours and try to see which term I'm using, and which one you are using.

Segment
    noun
    /ˈseɡmənt/
    1. each of the parts into which something is or may be divided.
      synonyms: piece, part, bit, section, chunk, division, portion, slice, fragment, component, wedge, lump, slab, hunk, parcel, tranche
    Everyone
    /ˈevrēˌwən/
    pronoun

every person.

• synonyms:
        everybody, every person, each person, each one, each and every one, all, one and all, all and sundry, the whole world, the world at large, the public, the general public, people everywhere

#47 napalm06, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
  8. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

I've been here longer than you, but that shouldn't matter in the least, either. If you studied history, you'd know the US used napalm in Viet Nam which was supposed to destroy all vegetation, so the NVA and VC couldn't use the jungle so effectively with their guerilla war campaign. You accused folks here of doing the same thing; "bashing everyone and everything".

My comment had nothing to do with BOB. I agree he should be fired, too.