1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

I don’t understand all the vitriol

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wulaw Horn, May 1, 2019.

1. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

some have on here toward Harden (choker) D’Antoni (idiot) Paul (washed) Capella (soft) or a host of other insults.

It just is what it is- the warriors team that keeps knocking us out is historically great. It’s a really bad time for the home team to be the second best team in basketball, and while the rest of the league was folding and pushing out their window we took dead aim, did our best, and... came up a little short.

No shame in that at all.

Hopefully KD moves on, Paul stays healthy and we outlast them and Harden gets a title. But none of the nonsense people are saying is accurate about what’s wrong with our guys. There isn’t anything wrong with them. They are just coming up a little short against an all time team. Nothing wrong with that.

Hope I’m wrong and we win 4/5. I can’t see that happening, but maybe it will.

seeingred, Plowman, burlesk and 37 others like this.
  2. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I’d agree....a lot of us have history with our teams...and it hurts..an all time great Montana takes down UH in the the Cotton Bowl, all time great Steelers and Raiders always a bit better then our Oilers. Great Mets and Phillies teams knocking off the Astros.

This Golden State team is arguably the best team ever assembled and you’re correct no shame in losing to them but it still looks like we missed opportunities to take them down so I get the emotional vitriol but I’m past that at my age. Just rolling with it at this point.

burlesk, RayRay10, Remlap and 7 others like this.
  3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Screw all this- just win. I think the Rockets still have a shot. Don't concede anything to these d!cks. Just beat them and dance on their graves.

lw17, BeBreezy, D-rock and 7 others like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

I like this.

Tfor3 likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think the fact that Chris is aging fast really shortens our window. Plus we could've won it all last year ramps up the expectations.

The ref bs is chipping away how much I care. Houston is not the biggest market or plays the style dummies like, I know.

That said, a team down 0-2 can still win the series. Our only goal isn't the chip, but to protect home court

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I’m with all this, and I agree, but I’m not ready to throw the towel in. We lost by 4 and 6, respectively, and the refs were historically bad in game 1. Let’s see how the next couple games go before we all collectively jump off a bridge. Things could look a lot rosier next Tuesday morning.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Just stay away from reddit. Total human cesspool there, it makes you realize that the r/nba folks are the same as the r/incel crowd who just love to troll and get off on saying the most inflammatory things. Adding fuel to the fire, kicking people while they’re down. That sort of thing. Echo chambers are toxic, and the online sports commentary community, NBA twitter included, is a prime example of that.

Stay grounded. Be like me and my girlfriend who had the game on in the background while we were replacing our toilet flush valve. Don’t let the outcome of some street game being played by 20-something HGH’ed up pro athletes, manipulated by 60-something silver spooned rich men and their insular mafioso refereeing families, define who you are as an individual. Stay above that level.

[insert I-45 “Be Somebody” graffiti pic]

Ramo$e, RayRay10, lw17 and 13 others like this.
  8. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Yea reddit is a place I avoid like the plague.

I got a full kitchen renovation going right now so I was watching the game through 4 mil plastic while installing a pocket door. Washing dishes in your downstairs bathtub has been a blast!

cjvnyc likes this.
  9. YaoMingsSoulja

yeah, I guess people on the board really believed we could do it this year, especially after coming so close to doing last year. The Rockets were the best team last year, they had the best record in the league. This year, not so much.

Ramo$e and topfive like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

KD and Green were not at their best last year, Iggy was injured and Chris got injured but played one or two games more than Iggy.

We had the chance last year.

#10 daywalker02, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    YaoMingsSoulja likes this.
  11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Win or go home..

12. JW86

JW86 Member

You can say that OP, but the reason why people are being like this is because we’ve actually played subpar and still almost beat them. That is amazing in itself and why I’m confident we can still make this a series, but there are some undeniable truths:

CP3 is not the player he was last year, Capela is not the strong force like last year and playing soft - not the same as claiming he’s soft - and MDA is just not good at adjusting and making odd decisions. This is nothing new, but 2 key players and our bench playing subpar when it’s a fact they can play much better is just frustrating. We could’ve had 1 win at least.

And last thing: both CP3 and Capela deserve the criticism because we payed them big bucks to show up on the big stage. On top of that, Capela has a big mouth and said he wanted the Warriors so we can hold him to putting his money where his mouth’s at.

Remlap and Emanuele Braghetti like this.
  13. bmelo

bmelo Member

Gsw will be knocked out by either west or east team this playoffs. They will struggle with Miluwakee for sure. Portland would give them fits. Toronto will be tough. All of those teams are tougher than we. Lets see what the narrative is then

14. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Im telling yall the only accurate criticism this teams deserves is not competing to the level it is capable. We the guys we got if we play harder than the Warriors we can overcome them. The Clips got 2 wins on them at Oracle because they outworked them. Right now we have come up short because we must make these pretty boy Warriors work hard they are playing major minutes because thats all they got if we just bring a continuous wave of energy their talent will not save them from us.

Houstunna likes this.
  15. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

We are playing subpar bc they are making us. They are awesome when they are dialed in. That’s what great teams do. Such is life.

Cuongzilla likes this.
  16. JW86

JW86 Member

I disagree with that, except for making Capela less efficient on offense. The rest is not something special the Warriors are doing. I would hardly call this greatest team ever assembled either. I put our own Rockets 93-94 team against them and say we’d beat them.

Olajuwon would dominate the hell out of their bigs, Thorpe can handle Green like he did with Rodman and them, Durant over Horry but Rob possibly could block his shot and give him fits with his size, Max would make Klay very uncomfortable and Curry would have a field day against Kenny. We’d have Elie for that though as well as Sam to make it tough.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Games 1 & 2 were winnable. And thats with Capillow playing soft as hell in both games and Tucker going scoreless in the first. They have to play with more of an edge, start rebounding and stop with all the unforced turnovers.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You're absolutely correct. This Warriors team is up there with the other great eight-man teams: Shaq/Kobe Lakers, second three-peat Bulls.

Gotta give em props for the strong political connections and more money under the table.

Perfect word, by the way. :)

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It’s the Luv Ya Blue ve Steel Curtain conundrum in basketball form.

20. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Absolutely. They are just better. Doesn’t mean we can’t win, just everything has to break right. But, if we don’t win it’s not bc there’s something wrong with us imo.