1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I didn't know what it was!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

If it's just for safety ,Christmas candle, lighting ,paper wrap ,paints even those cloths and cross the mother wearing etc. Mostly made in China , a good parent knows better and won't allow anything suspiuos around their kid, they should in the dark naked in empty room celebrating safety . The school though should send a nice warm gloves to this kid for those photos moments .

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

I think it is reasonable to be upset about your kid having drawing all over them. You seem to just be upset all the time about white Christians from Facebook. Go to r/skincareaddiction and ask them about scrubbing yourself with lemon juice.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

THE HORROR!

[​IMG]

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Would be nice to see the design on the front in detail :grin: Must research how the approach would be on the front.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Me voicing my opinions about close minded Christians on a mesaage board is different than going to the media because your daughter is exposed to a bengin practice of another culture. False equavilances for the win!

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

The most ironic part about Bandwagoner's false equavilancy is I'm pretty ****ing sure that I have more merit to report genocidal thoughts of Muslims on Facebook posts to the media and authorities than a Mom being butthurt over ****ing floral patterns on their daughter's hands.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Overreaction. And why is this even news?

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Because suburban 'I have nothing better to do with my life' mom believed it was worthy of reporting to the media, and the local media thought is worthy of airing? This is Houston local news remember. I'm pretty confident that the Houston metro area has its fair share of safe space right wing Christians that would be equally outraged.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

Crayons,chalk,oil crayons,water color,dirt,mud,stickers,sticker tattoos... The horror!!!!

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Whoops I thought this was national news. Yeah I can see how this would be a time filler on local news especially on slow news days like Christmas Eve.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

My cousin who is in elementary school was telling me the other day about how there is a kid in her class who keeps on eating pencils and sucking the ink out of markers. I told her that while gross and probably gives the kid horrible stomach aches most likely won't kill him. That's why pencils long ago quit using actual lead and companies like Crayola use non-toxic.

Anyway I see kids constantly being marked both from themselves doing it or for other reasons. I know in some sports they will mark competitors with Sharpies where it isn't easy to put a number on their uniforms.

The only thing I could criticize the school for is not spelling out precisely what Henna meant but I do find it surprising that in this day and age most people don't know that Henna means plant, dye and tattoos.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

I didn't set any equivalency. I think you are unreasonably angry about things you read on Facebook.

13. Nook

Nook Member

This.

One sensitive group attacking another sensitive group.

Stop looking to be a victim or some how wronged.

No one is stopping you from hating gays or believing the world is 3000 years old.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Naw... Wgwn those I trusted who served with me post genocidal desires of Muslims including my mother, I'll be irked more rightfully so than a mother b****ing about floral patterns on their daughter's hand.

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

The amount of PC in this country is just hilarious and sad at the same time.

My christian wife had henna art for our wedding...it's just a decoration!

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I'm telling you man, the Christian right are the PC queens of this country.

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You are wrong. It's used for religious ceremonies. Just as it is used for national events as well. it is most certainly cultural - as it is related to the Indian subcontinent.

If you think it's religious explain to me (from your confidence in what it is by ten minutes of google searching) why it is used equally in both Hindu communities in India and in Muslim dominated Pakistan.

Just admit you have no idea what you're talking about and move on.

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

10 seconds of googling.

http://sites.psu.edu/hiral/2015/10/27/pas9-mehndi/
    LOL. "Indian" culture.

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

Do Hindus refer to it as Mehndi or Henna?

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Henna is the modern term to refer to both forms. Origin is cultural for both.

http://doyawannahenna.com/Henna-vs-Mehndi.htm