1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I didn't know what it was!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What I've learned in this thread.

People who don't know what the word "semi-permanent" means think that it is unacceptable for a random mother to not know what "henna" is.

Good job guys, fun read.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

LOL...

"This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
    This article does not cite any sources. (June 2014)
    This article contains instructions, advice, or how-to content. (June 2015)
    This article is written like a personal reflection or opinion essay that states the Wikipedia editor's particular feelings about a topic, rather than the opinions of experts. (June 2015)
    This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (July 2015)"

btw, the definition of semipermanent:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/semipermanent

Perhaps you better come up with another term to misuse...

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Can I get some clarity on how permanent 5 to 10 minutes is? I guess it is all relative. I mean if I was a mayfly and I only lived for a few hours then yes this 5 to 10 minutes that it takes to remove the ink would be almost like it was semi-permanent. But I'm a human and I hope I can live longer than that. So I guess the 10 minutes of work to remove the ink is semi-permanent in a very loose sense of permanence.

http://www.enkivillage.com/how-to-remove-henna-tattoo.html

Is hair coloring semi permanent? What about Just for Men? I think they should advertise their beard coloring as semi permanent. It would make it sound more powerful and longer lasting.

Would the face paint be semi permanent? It probably takes 30 seconds to a minute to clean your face of all the face paint. That can be a significant amount of time if you are in a hurry.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They absolutely make semi-permanent hair coloring....out of henna dyes even. It's funny that some people keep trying to argue this when they are obviously wrong. Henna is a semi-permanent dye. It just is. Deal with it.

That doesn't mean that henna doodles are wrong or anything like that, but they are what they are and it makes sense for a mom to be pissed off about her kid coming home covered in semi-permanent ink.

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

So after 14 pages have you guys got to the bottom of this yet? :grin:

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

After 14 pages we still have people failing to grasp the definition of a single word. We got to the bottom of this a LONG time ago, but there are people that will never understand it for whatever reason.

7. bongman

bongman Member

Wonder if she knows that the date and Christmas tree were actually adopted from pagan traditions.