1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{I.D.I.O.T.} Rockets could pursue Kyrie - Stein

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jun 11, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They want to learn but there is a reason Ky is the best ball handler for half a decade now.

He is just unique but streetball level of skills does not translate that well to the NBA and scoring isn't everything.

Jokic is the dude that does nothing much extra, just the right amount of flashiness.

Just ask a guy named Jokic.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Kyrie for being a rather average athlete at 6'2" having a career scoring efficiency near Harden means his flashiness does translate well. He's always been a efficient player on the court.

I can't imagine what Jalen Green at 6'5" with elite tier explosion having anything close to Kyrie's bag and handles would look like.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, what did translate was he became one of the best shooters from long range also.

Also nice from midrange, basically all ranges.

Somehow he still never became a sure fire Number One option throughout.

Scoot Henderson is 6'2, bodes well.

#63 daywalker02, Jun 12, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

#64 Xerobull, Jun 12, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    Deckard, clos4life, napalm06 and 2 others like this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

would rather kyrie than kjp tbh. maybe green + kjp for kyrie would do the trick.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Kinda makes sense - Kyrie and Tilman seem to enjoy some of the same conspiracy theories and would probably get along well together. Batshit crazy is one way to build a team I guess.

SamFisher likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I read this as 'Kyrie and @tinman ' which also works.

BamBam and Verbal Christ like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stein: Rockets will weigh a run in the event they are not able to convince Harden to leave Philadelphia. It is something they will consider but since they’re still in the consideration phase, I still haven’t changed my view of this. The only verified confirmed team bidding for Kyrie is still Dallas. Houston will weigh it.

Haynes: Rockets have let it be known they want to change course from the youth movement. That owner is not happy being in that transitional phase. He’s trying to get some wins. They believe getting a star next season is priority number one. I still find it hard to believe Kyrie would not be back with the Mavs. I do think some teams will surface by next week, expressing interest in Kyrie.

9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i'm pretty sure a couple guys from the houston Y could score efficiently against a Kyrie-Green backcourt.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

No evidence of that since 2018 though. Heyooooo

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Mike James

12. Fantasma Negro

I don't care what anyone says, Kyrie would be ****ing awesome here, especially with a coach like Ime. I think Stone should pursue Kyrie instead of Harden outright. Sign Kyrie, trade for Ayton, bring in a vet wing and this team is a ****ing contender!

JumpMan likes this.
  13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Contending to break 35 wins maybe.

Little Bit and mightybosstone like this.
  14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

"Remember last time Kyrie [Irving] had a really young core? That was called the Boston Celtics... It didn't work out very well." Shannon Sharpe on the report that the Rockets will pursue Kyrie if they are unable to sign James Harden.

Little Bit and mightybosstone like this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I really wish I could make a meme.

You know the 'no, maybe' meme with the girl who in the first frame is disgusted and thinking 'NO'.

Then in the second frame she's thinking 'Well actually you know what...'

The wording in the first frame: Trading for Kyrie

The Wording in the second frame: Trading KPJ for Kyrie

16. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

If Kyrie put his head down and just hooped for the length of his contract without self-destructing (HUGE IF) he’s the best FA in this class by a decent bit. Harden is better today but, self-destruction aside, Kyrie is a much better bet to be playing at a high level in two or three years.

It would be a bizarre fit, a massive gamble, and I’d be shocked if it happens, though.

jim1961 likes this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I mean maybe Kyrie did or didn’t have a point about the Jews, but aside from that how funny would it be to fukk over the Mavs and Cuban so hard?

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Whatever team Kyrie lands with is the team that going to get fukked over IMO.

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Phoenix will have to give up assets, and they don’t have any, to get rid of Ayton’s contract. He sucks.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I remember people blowing their load about wanting Simmons giving the same argument. At some point, even the most naive of fans have to understand that knuckleheads are going to stay as knuckleheads.