1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{I.D.I.O.T.} Rockets could pursue Kyrie - Stein

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jun 11, 2023.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

This is interesting… hated it when I first saw but the more I think about it I’m kinda in, depending on the length of the contract.

The thing with Kyrie is he’s probably not the guy to win big with. BUT his teammates always love him despite all the outside stuff, and there probably isn’t any move we make this year that makes us contenders. He’d make us better, and there might not be any player more fun to watch that’s available.

Idk, I’m kinda down to just watch fun basketball again.

2. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Why this guy and not VanVleet? Makes no sense.

chadyang, DrNuegebauer, Arnel and 3 others like this.
  3. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Hell yeah let’s go kyrie

PatBev likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If he starts every interview with, “For the record, the Earth is a sphere and the Holocaust happened and was terrible.” then I’m okay with it.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Not a cold chance in hell!

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

the desperation is palpable

Kyrie really isn’t a difference maker like that, especially when he’s the #1 option and best player on the team…he isn’t even really a PG

at this point, I can’t tell if this is a Tilman demand or Stone is really that thirsty to get any sort of star to try and win games…somebody please get this man some water

8. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Don't know why but when I first saw the thread title I thought "must be a Kelly Iko piece!". lol

I tell you what, I really don't want him either but if you could guarantee me than Kyrie could make Jalen's handle even HALF as tight as Kyrie's I'd give him 3yrs - $150m (with the 3rd year only guaranteed for $20m) just for that alone!
    You give Jalen a better handle and his scoring average goes up 5 points and shooting percentage goes up .025% JUST on that ALONE!

Also think it would be easier to counter KI's wonky theology than it would be JH's off-court lifestyle and such rubbing off on JG and the other youngsters!

snowconeman22 and raining threes like this.
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jalen Green should only Learn and Look up to and resembles his Game after is Jamal Murray of the Nuggets.

Jamal Murray Focus and Dedication, Hard Work is Paying Off and Working a 2 Man Game with Nikola Jokic. Jalen Green with Alperen Sengun must learn from Jamal the Most.

Caesar and MultipleSauces like this.
  10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

An absolute NO on Kyrie. He might even be a better point guard at this point in his career than Harden, but we can’t risk our rebuild on bringing in Kyrie. Dallas sold their soul. He could maybe work for a team like the Lakers, but not a team like the Rockets that is desperately trying to reset it’s culture.

don grahamleone and OremLK like this.
  11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I think Jalen Green is behind this possible push for Kyrie... if it gets KPJ outta here that's a positive.

jcmoon likes this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Folks we're at the "plan to weigh a run" at pariah player level of desperation. Both in terms of the franchise and useless off-season infotainment tidbits.

Good job Tilpatstone!

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Maybe we are just trying to get "someone else" to lower his demands.

CarlosGM, DrNuegebauer and Aruba77 like this.
  14. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i agree. sign and trade tate and kpj for kyrie. harden too old. kyrie is crazy so i don't think he cares about winning. he'd be more interested in being a big brother to our kids. i think he'd buy into that. there'd be no pressure for a championship, so anything that brings us in the playoffs is a bonus. Give him like 35 million for three years, fourth year team option.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

This is the silliest rumor I have heard to date.

[​IMG]

16. raining threes

What Nazi rhetoric?

BTW, I dont want Kyrie on the Rockets either.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

raining threes likes this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Biggest f***ing flake in the NBA. It's like the USA and guns. There isn't even a close second.

19. J Rock

J Rock Member

I hope not.

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He’ll get you a ton of points but not a lot of wins. His past teams have rarely struggled without him. He was arguably his best ever when James Harden was running the show.

It’s going to require Green, Sengun and Jabari supplying the wins. Green and Irving will have to be able to play competent defense.

Could work but it would be too high a risk. Udoka doesn’t seem like a good fit for him either.