1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[I.D.I.O.T.] Jabari Smith Jr is the Real Head Honcho™

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 5, 2023.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This just happened, it would take a while for things to filter out about how It's affecting the lockeroom it will show up on the court sooner, so that's something to keep an eye on.

You can't just show up 2 years out of HS and be vocal, especially if you are underperforming yourself.

I have no problem with being vocal to a teammate, but it's crossing a line to try and get somebody benched and showing them up while doing it.

maypk, Yung-T and Verbal Christ like this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Can someone post a collaborating tweet or something that confirms that this is not some random take from a random tweet? Did Jabari really shout to the coach to take Sengun out?

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I would like to verify this as well the only reason I am paying so much attention is that I have a friend who is a huge Smith guy and he said he saw it live on TV.

You would think there would be a ton of tweets with the video if true.

Maybe i should throttle down a bit.:oops:

#123 jiggyfly, Jan 6, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    Easy likes this.
  4. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I do not believe Jabari would do this, Jabari knows Sengun is the only person that will pass the ball to him

Easy and AroundTheWorld like this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I was not talking about shooting consistency, his entire game seems to be scatter shot, and now he is just jacking up shots.

6. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

Jabari is just after his own thingies, he doesn't care about Sengun or JG or anyone else. He is class act in terms of acting as defending.+

This is all to Stoned Stone and his office. in no other NBA team a rookie would be given the keys to a franchise while sucking big everytime stepping on court. Give KPJ, JG and Jabari all freedom while they all suck and expect some improvement. kiss my a..jabari..

7. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

There isn't anything to support it, this is just some random guy on twitter. He even said as much, he's not a reporter and he's not recording anything, he's just a fan sitting courtside and he heard it, so he tweeted it. Take that for what it's worth.

Mathloom, daywalker02, Easy and 2 others like this.
  8. OkayAyeReloaded

Nothing clear this is real or a reliable source, unless genuine facts or other outcomes prove it, it's a non issue and fan speculation imo.

AroundTheWorld and Easy like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude is a former Nola reporter, as Nola not being known to have an active rivalry with the Rockets, I did not think he had reasons to implicate Jabari or had specific reasons to lie.

Yung-T and harold bingo like this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If you watch the Utah game, you can clearly see they're fine with each other. When Sengun sonned the Jazz with a post move and was flexing, he ignored Gordon (his alleged best friend on the team) and went straight to Jabari to high five him.

I think this has been overblown, and even if it has not I think fan experience goes a long way here. This is a common thing young players do, getting mad at each other when they should be huddling. They will get over it as young players do 99% of the time.

harold bingo and Ancient Moabite like this.
  11. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Why did Silas bench Jabari?