1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I cant watch the NBA anymore.. the product right now is HORRIBLE?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenVolumeOne, Nov 5, 2021.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The contact happens as Harden is driving into the defenders arms. Does that qualify as a clear hand check 10 years ago?

Yung-T likes this.
  2. HardenVolumeOne

what are you talking about, do you know what hand-checking is

saddiq bey clearly uses his hands/arm on harden twice to control hardens drive to the basket.. thats not an unnatural shooting motions, those are fouls in wades and kobe's era

i figured you knew about the basic fundamentals of the game

as for if it applies to handchecking 10 YEARS ago.. nobody would know that, because handchecking wasnt even allowed 10 years ago. you have to go back to around 2002 i think it was when david stern outlawed handchecking

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Those are pretty weak touches, not bullied in any way, and he then loses the ball by dribbling off his leg if I see that right.

This is more on Harden than the refs.

4. HardenVolumeOne

bottomline is bey used his hands/arm to impede harden drive( which is illegal)

so what you are saying is freedom of movement is gone now, handchecking is allowed.. you guys are trying to damage control a corrupt league. The new rules said nothing about allowing handchecking. It was supposed to be strictly about "unnatural shooting motions."

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I can agree with that, but it's a change I actually want to see if it's correctly implemented into the rules.

6. durvasa

Harden is clearly driving into the defender to create contact. Can you point out the time in that video in which the defender is initiating the contact to steer the direction Harden takes, as opposed to Harden driving into his space?

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I guess he's talking about the arm being stretched out into Harden. But yea, Harden fully drives into that arm and the defender isn't actively adjusting to creat more contact imo.

8. HardenVolumeOne

but why did the league lie and say that they were trying to eliminate "unnatural shooting motions something i had ZERO ISSUE WITH BTW). Kobe and wade damn near scored 50k points combined using the previous rules and now you want to change and allow handchecking, when harden is trying to win a ring.. bullshit

9. HardenVolumeOne

ugh techincally every drive is a drive when the defender on your hip. This is why most modern players now defend with their feet, you can not put hands on an offensive player and impede his drive to the basket( thats illegal).Bottomline is im right and this has nothing to do with unnatural shooting motions. but people just hate harden so they'll overlook it

10. durvasa

The offensive player was never allowed to driving unimpeded wherever he likes.

Also, where did the NBA say that officiating changes will be limited to unnatural shooting motions? They never said that. If less borderline fouls are being called in general on drives to the basket — which may or may not be true — that’s fine by me as long it’s the same for everyone.

11. HardenVolumeOne

harden is driving to the basket, and saddiq bey uses his arm and hand twice to impede his drive. the video is right there

#51 HardenVolumeOne, Nov 6, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  12. HardenVolumeOne

well every star player is struggling in the league right now, even you're beloved steph curry

Curry's TS% has cratered by 6.5% this year and 7.1% on FG, 4.6% on 3 point shooting, 7% on eFG% and 8.8% of 2p%. It's pretty massive drops for him. Luckily his team is carrying through. The cliff might have arrived sooner than we expected as many were saying few months ago he can play till 45 because how good of a shooter he is.

Warriors currently have a -10.5 rDRtg., which would be the greatest defense ever. They’re not going to finish with that, but -6 to -7 rDrtg seems entirely plausible.

Overall warriors DRtg: 96.0
    DRtg with Curry on court: 98.5
    DRtg with Curry off court: 85.3 [Warriors’ defense without Curry and Wiggins has been absurdly good]

warriors like most teams in the league right now are winning games because of their defense

13. durvasa

The defender was reaching for the ball (as he’s allowed to do) and Harden drives into his extended arm. That is, at best, a borderline defensive foul in previous years. I have no problem with it being a no call.

Yung-T likes this.
  14. HardenVolumeOne

its a foul, he was impeding hardens drive.. thats illegal. and that has nothing to do with an "unnatural shooting motion"

15. durvasa

So, less fouls are being called league wide. Fine. I don’t see the problem.

16. durvasa

So, in your mind, it’s a defensive foul if an offensive player drives into a defender’s extended arm?

So what?

Yung-T likes this.
  17. HardenVolumeOne

so you would have to view kobe, wades and parts of hardens era seperately

when harden played by the same rules kobe and wade were playing under he was clearly on their level if not better

18. HardenVolumeOne

harden is driving to the basket, saddiq bey is in hardens airspace( no issue with that). But he gets away with using his hands and arm twice to stop hardens drive to the rim and thats illegal. I have no issue with the unnatural shooting motions being called. But they are allowing handchecking which is ILLEGAL

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I always liked Harden, but now that he's on the Nets I am in favor of literally anything that hinders his game. I am LOVING the fact that Harden can't score and Kyrie won't take the vaccine. It's entirely feasible this team blows up as soon as this year and then all of those draft picks become a whole lot more valuable.

20. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Yall need to stop whining and use this time period to your advantage while you still can...them unders be HITTING

That Nets Pistons game had a 210.5 total...had that wrapped up by half when it was 39-39 LOL