1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"I can't see him slipping past Houston at 14"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 12, 2012.

1. dmoneybangbang

Ah the cleverness of the armchair GM vs the real GM.

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

I agree with all of those guys except Perry. I think Jones- at best- will be Michael Beasley, and has probably the worst ratio of potential to bust. With Melo or Drummond, you know that if they pan out they'll be really, really useful. If not, at least you have a 7 footer- which is rare.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Pass up on Leonard. He is skilled but soft.

4. Raven

Raven Member

2010: 14
    2011: 14
    2012: 14

5. dmoneybangbang

Point? Are trying to say the result of these lottos picks are related to Morey's cleverness?

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

More saying that these lotto picks are related to Les Alexanders "Lack of cleverness" [​IMG]

7. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

I'd rather have Tyler Zeller to be honest

Id always take production over potential anytime.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

I'd take him at 14; intriguing prospect. Athletic seven footers don't grow on trees.

9. what

what Member

That's a clown question, bro

10. dmoneybangbang

What if we have been secretly tanking all along? Hayes at Center, Scola at Center, Hill at Center, Patterson at Center, Dalembert at Center, and Camby at Center and all the rumors about Gasol and Howard were just said to keep the masses interested. Instead of landing that sweet 2012 #1 pick as planned in 2010, it backfired terribly on us and we've been doomed to 14th place. That Les might be too clever...

11. dmoneybangbang

Definitely.

Considering the team's directive of being competitive is a priority, I think selecting a center in the draft would be one of many backup plans. As I believe the priority would be Morey hoping to pair Camby with whoever he acquires.