1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"I can't see him slipping past Houston at 14"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Meyers and Perry. I know it's not happening, it's not clever enough to appeal to Morey, but it would be exactly what the Rockets need to do.

Seriously, Drummond, Meyers, Perry, Henson, four guys that Morey should target. It shouldn't be That difficult to move up. Just one of them, all I'm asking for is one high ceiling big.

Hell, I'd settle for Fab.

:)

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

Why the hell would we trade up for Leonard? If he goes at 10, so be it. Just take someone else. There are some talents in this draft I feel will be worth trading up for, talents that may achieve star status in the future. Leonard's not one of them.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I feel sure that Morey is looking into moving up and drafting Drummond. The only person in the draft that comes close to Drummonds size and athletic prowess is Davis. And yes you could do very badly drafting him. Is the risk worth the reward?

4. Convictedstupid

I certainly would be more happy with trading up to get Drummond than Leonard. I don't think Leonard is worth giving up much, if anything.

5. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Hopefully he isn't too raw, last two times we had raw big men, we got Joey Dorsey and Jordan Hill. Both decent and coming off the bench serviceable but never really lived up to the potential.

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I remember this board being pretty split on him a month or so ago, I had a very fun debate with a couple guys... Hopefully now they see why I like him so much. If he is there at 14 it could be a huge steal.

7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Drummond I really like.

We need bigs, will probably draft Teague...smh

8. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

lmao just a couple a weeks ago everyone said he sucked.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

No way he's still on the board at #14, sry.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

No way Moarley trades up. His favorite number is 14.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Didn't know where to post this, and didn't want to start a new thread, but this makes me very nervous:

The Kings may consider trading their No. 5 pick if UConn C Andre Drummond isn't available, as they're eager to add another big man.
    This is firmly in the 'rumor' stage, but if the Cavaliers snag Drummond at No. 4, the Kings may be prompted to package the No. 5 pick with a perimeter player (e.g. Tyreke Evans or Marcus Thornton). Other teams reportedly willing to trade first round picks for a veteran include the Warriors (No. 7), the 76ers (No. 15) the Rockets (their second first-round pick, No. 16). Source: Fox Sports Ohio Jun 12 - 5:36 PM

I really wish we would double down on this deep draft and rebuild, not trade away our picks for vet. role players in order to tread water for another year.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I agree they need to go with a big .... but dont see the need for getting two of them mainly because of Motejunas. No room on the roster for three rookie bigs. With three rookies , someone's not going to play because I just cant see both Patterson and Scola being moved.

I'd prefer Leonard and a wing - specifically Terrence Ross of Washington as Martin is as good as gone and as much as I like C.Lee , I prefer him as the swing man off the bench because of his versatility.

Wouldnt be upset with Drummond , Perry , Moultrie or Henson .... Just think Leonard will be the best pro out of that group.

Yeah , if worst came to worst , I'd settle for taking a shot at Fab Melo too .... but he's way down my list of bigs. Tired of watching the Rockets get out rebounded on a nightly basis.

1 person likes this.
  13. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Semi-related:
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/44193

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

For what its worth , I believe to get Leonard , you have to move up in front of at least two teams - Milwuakee and Portland's second pick at #11.

Makes the potential deal with New Orleans for #10 one you really have to consider strongly.

15. Jman713

Jman713 Member

We already have montijuanas!!!

1 person likes this.
  16. smr6

smr6 Member

I know that Drummond has high bust potential as pointed out by members of this board in several topics, but in all honesty we need to take a chance like that. We can't keep drafting the NBA ready "safe picks" that don't have much room for improvement. That is what has us stuck in this middle of the pack type of mentality right now. We have good role players, but no one to put them around.

The Rockets need to roll the dice on someone that can be a star. Even if it is a stretch to some. If a person has the size, athleticism, coordination, and mentality to be a star in this league then lock them up if we have the chance. Not to mention the fact that it is a big man makes it even better. With McHale here wanting to focus on bringing in a post game for our offense and being able and willing to work one on one with big men to help them develop, Drummond is a perfect fit for what we need to go after.

17. Raven

Raven Member

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets probably take Zeller. :p

19. Raven

Raven Member

Which, really, would summarize everything wrong with the organization.

1 person likes this.
  20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Yes, and the Rockets are in a position where there just are not roster positions available. Much less PT. With D-Mo coming over and Morris for all practical purposes being a rookie also, I really do see a package of players/picks being traded.

There also is that little hole of no young center that really needs to be addressed. I see 3 possibilities:

Package Lowry and Scola for Gasol (a win now move)
    Package Lowry, PPat, Dally's expiring and the 14th and 16th to the Bobcats for Drummond at the #2.
    Package Lowry and the 14th and 16th to Portland and choose Leonard with the 6th.

Please note nowhere did I mention Howard.

If it were me I would go the Gasol route and package the 14th and 16 for a pick somewhere around 11 and go for Lamb or Zeller. I know - they both have issues. But then most of them do.

#40 jtr, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012