1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I can't believe this is legal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, Mar 16, 2015.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

2. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I live Washington County. Admittedly I just skimmed the article. It's weird because the Judge, Don Letourneau is known as "Let 'em go Letourneau because he tends to be very lax in his judgements against alleged criminals and is known to lecture prosecutors.

3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Your post is intentionally misleading. As the article mentions he didn't follow the proceedings either because he didn't understand or he didn't care to. If he didn't care to cooperate in this instance he is an idiot. If the police screwed him over this deserves to be a story.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I got threatened with a $120 fine if I didn't show up to court as the state's witness when some guy challenged a failure to yield ticket after he totaled my car.

I'd get punished for missing jury duty as well.

What's not to believe? I understand 900 days is a little harsh though.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

900 days for not doing anything illegal is r****ded.

6. Nero

Nero Member

Doesn't sound to me like Oregon is too concerned with getting a real translator up there for that guy.