1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I cannot WAIT until the return of CLOWNEY, can you?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SwoLy-D, Oct 10, 2014.

?

I cannot wait. Can you?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2014.
  1. I cannot wait, either! He will wreak havoc and we will win!

58.3%
  2. He will have some impact, but we will still lose.

21.3%
  3. He will have NO impact.

4.6%
  4. Who's Clowney?

4.6%
  5. Hey! I ordered a cheeseburger!

11.1%
  1. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>O'Brien says Clowney is still 50/50 to play next Monday vs. Steelers. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) <a href="https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/520658527917207552">October 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Seems that Clowney is a slow healer.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Or, it could be a good way to mislead their offense to continue to TRIPLE-TEAM Watt? ;)

Looks like Brady is a slow healer, too.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Did yall see Clowney moving during his event with Swearinger?

Kid was running, jumping, and doing the hulu hoop.

He's playing. LOL!

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

There's a reason this guy was the # 1 pick and one of the most hyped prospects in years. Clowney is a legit game changer and he and Watt could create an amazing defense.

IMO this pairing is what made the whole season worth getting excited over because Fitzwreck is nothing more than an anchor dragging the team down.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Agreed.

I think having him and Daryl Morris last night would have made that game drastically different.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

So the Texans will never win in Indy? We can beat them this year with a healthy Clowney.

Would be different if this was his first injury, but it isn't. It's not ludicrous to think Clowney is injury prone.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I can wait half the time

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's really more wishful thinking by some who want to be proven right who disagreed with the pick and some kind of an Eeyore type thing by the pessimists assuming the worst.

No rational person would label someone "injury prone" their rookie year even if they had a fluke injury due to a dangerous playing surface.

9. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

u said cheeseburger.. now i want one damit

10. Houstunna

Supporting Member

I don't wish he's injury prone, but that's a lie in your book. The "hole" isn't his first injury.

11. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

no denying it was flukey

12. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Maybe so, but when combined with everything else that's happened the past 3 months, he seems fragile. I'm sincerely hoping he has a long and fruitful career though.

13. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

Meh. Didn't he only miss three games in his college career or something like that? I don't care about injuries as long as he plays. If he misses another long stretch like this in the future then I'll be worried.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think any player has their first injury when they are in the NFL? Literally every NFL player deals with injuries only really short sighted fans write someone off as "injury prone" in their rookie season.

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

16. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Bill O'brien disagrees with you.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Him saying he doesn't know in a prepared statement isn't quite as convincing as hearing what the person who had the injury said immediately after it happened. I know, Clowney was lying, it's all a conspiracy against the groundskeepers....I've heard that nonsense before, you don't have to regurgitate it again.

18. Brando2101

Facts are wrong
    1) Clowney didn't say that. Swearinger did.
    2) O'brien didn't read a prepared statement. He said it in a press conference when asked.

O'Brien cited the tape review as evidence as to where his foot was and if it sank into a whole. In the end you are dismissing the head coach's word for a 2nd hand story for arbitrary reasons. It has nothing to do with groundskeepers. Just calling BS on blaming the field for an injury that (from the video) resulted from a bad landing. Heavy guy on a knee ligament.

19. Brando2101

double post

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No they aren't wrong

1. Clowney said that to Swearinger.....meaning Clowney was the one to say it.

2. You don't think he prepared for the press conference? Did you really expect him to come out and say "Yeah we have a field that's occasionally terrible and dangerous" in a press conference?

The fact that you dismiss what the actual person said for something the coach said in a press conference is ridiculous.