1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I believe in James Harden.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and oh yeah . . . OP? you are a fool.

:grin: just kidding. good post.

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

3. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

yes! go rockets

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

Remember the Harden from last year? He was always talking about wanting to be a great leader. He was making a real effort on defense. The problems with Harden this year go beyond his style of play. His iso ball style of play is a problem. But the biggest problems are with Harden the person.

Harden has changed. This probably isn't something a new coach can fix. Maybe a new coach would help for a very short time. But really, only Harden can fix what is wrong with Harden.

For Harden, playing team ball is harder than playing iso ball. For Harden, playing good defense is harder than playing no defense. So, it's really just laziness on his part.

One of the reasons the all time great player were great, was because they had a burning desire to win. Last year Harden had something to prove. And although the Rockets didn't win a championship. I think Harden feels in many ways he accomplished his goals. Harden was voted MVP by the players. Harden signed a huge shoe deal. Maybe Harden is happy with what he's accomplished, and doing what it takes to win a Championship just isn't worth the effort.

Maybe Harden needs to make an appointment with Dr. Fink. Something just isn't right with Harden.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He still has the talent no doubt but he needs to have the maturity to put team first, learn how to play winning team ball and focus on improving his game. Not rest on the laurels of last season. Does he have the drive and the desire to be the best in the game? Or does he already think he is the best and can just coast through?

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I hope he is on the Olympic team this summer. That'll at least force him to not get out of shape. 2014 was a good summer for him. Hopefully playing with those guys gets him in the right mindset.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

OP IS A STRIPPER

8. ibm

ibm Member

believe in harden? haha, ok. for me, i've passed the point of "bashing" harden. what's the point at this time of the season...

i said last yr., b4 the playoffs started, that we couldnt win a title with him being #1. seems more cf's are thinking the same now. and that's enough said for me,,, until i feel like i've got sth. new to say...

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I don't believe in James Frauden.

10. OpenLayup-Why3?

All these people showing support for Harden are just glory hunters. They have nothing to lose in doing so. If Harden somehow stops being an ass they can brag oh I never doubted in Haren. But those who criticize Haren now are the real heroes. It takes guts to call him out, something that Morey and Alexander don't have. Not to mention the kid behind the so called wheel.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oh yeah he believes in the Benjamins and Franklins on the notes

12. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

no im not delusional

13. StraightG

StraightG Member

What's wrong with you?

14. StraightG

StraightG Member

This is idiotic. It takes guts to call him out on a message bored? Behind a computer and an alias? Nuts.

I show support for Harden because he's a member of the Houston Rockets.

15. ibm

ibm Member

do you really believe this yourself?

then show us some of your support to tjones?

16. StraightG

StraightG Member

I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it. I don't get my rocks off by spouting Bs and posturing on a basketball forum like some of YOU.

What do you mean "show us some of your support"? Yes, I support all members. T Jones is struggling badly and it's fair to critique him. But, yes, I still support him.

If you don't want to support Rockets players, that's on you. But, I choose to do so. I

17. ibm

ibm Member

fair enough. so you support every member of the team regardless, eh?

for me, i support my team no matter what. i hope my team wins all the time. as a result, if i see or feel any member (gm, coaches included) of the team is doing sth. that's anti-winning, i feel they lose my support instantly.

18. OpenLayup-Why3?

You support Jones by criticizing him?

19. StraightG

StraightG Member

Understood and fair. But I think people are going way too far. I mean, someone in this very thread suggested that his penis should be cut off. Could be a joke, but I think it reflects some of the vitriol surrounding James Harden. Someone in another thread suggested that he may wind up like Lamar Odom. It's too much.

20. StraightG

StraightG Member

Support and criticism aren't mutually exclusive. But, yeah, I can spot holes in his game and still root for him. Yeah, it can happen.