1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I Am Sorry

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by nono, May 10, 2015.

1. nono

nono Member

I am posting here to sincerely apologize from the bottom of my heart. Quite a while ago there was some thread here about Houston and I criticized it a lot saying that it's a pretty terrible place to live in compared to San Francisco. Well now I've been in San Francisco and let me say this :
    I absolutely hate it !

1.The weather is terrible ! I really laugh when so many people rate the "mild" weather as one of San Francisco's many positives. By mild they mean perpetually cold. San Francisco has two seasons : winter for 9 months, and then "almost winter" for 3 months. It is May and still you have to wear a hoodie outside !

2. The whole city smells of piss. There is piss everywhere !

3. Lol @ paying $2000 a month for a one bedroom closet !

4. Homeless everywhere. I don't have anything against homelessness but most of the homeless in this city are mentally ill. You can dig up that thread I made where a homeless guy took a dump right in front of me in a crowded
    starbucks. They come early to the library and snore there all day. They are like bed bugs. Impossible to get rid of once they set up camp as they will get into a civil rights speech as soon as you ask them to behave properly.

5. Lol @ the train being a positive. The train is slow as **** ! It takes me and hour and 15 minutes for a 7 mile train ride. Half the people on the trains are mentally ill and itching to pick a fight. lol @ having a girl with you and having her ride on the train with you at night.

6. I have lived in Austin, Houston, Philly and NYC but there is no place I've been to where racial tensions are so bad as here. Every race here is guilty of this.

I would feel much better if I wasn't broke and was living in a nice place downtown not having to ride the train into the ghetto but my experience here has been really miserable. I would trade my left nut to get out of this place where there is no sunshine in May. Houstonians, please enjoy the HOT weather ! Wear your shorts, and ****ing turn off the AC's and just ENJOY that awesome blast of heat. With regards to sunshine it is day by day armageddon here unless you are a vampire.

Who is the strongest Houstonian on this board ? I will one day come back to Houston and happily be slapped in the face by this guy to show the sincerity of my apology. Also, good luck against the Clippers. I don't really follow basketball anymore but I will be really happy if the Rockets win.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Sounds wonderful! Beats hot and humid any day. Shiver or sweat? Easy choice!

3. nono

nono Member

RedRedemption I can't survive without the sun. No one enjoys sweating like a pig but cold weather makes me feel depressed.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I hate cold weather too. I'd much rather sweat.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Ron Artest signed up for Clutchfans.

[​IMG]

6. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

I heard their baseball team is good.
    Their football team used to be good. lol

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sucks you had such terrible experiences but I have to say I love SF, having lived there for half a year and visiting for a couple of summers.

Weather, It can be anywhere from cold to warm depending on where your at and what time it is, the city really does have micro climates, but in particular for me it would be misty windy and like 60 degrees at night and in the morning, but during mid day the sky would clear and it would warm up to 75+ degrees to where i'd have to take off my jacket or i'd be sweating. It is gloomy most of the time though and I can see how some find it depressing.

Piss smell, again it depends where your at, if your walking around the downtown area or fisherman's wharf your gonna smell some nasty smells, you have to pick your spots when traveling around the city, like any other city. Same with the homeless people, you can avoid most if you stay out of the daily hot spots.

I do remember walking down a wrong street downtown when trying to find a barber and it was literally a 2 completely full blocks with a 100 homeless people shoulder to shoulder screaming and fighting. I learned my lesson, stayed on the right streets and it was never really a problem after that. But it's true SF is NOT a romantic city to walk around with a date, your just gonna see some nasty stuff sometimes. But the beautiful outweighs it for me.

For 2k you can get a pretty decent apartment, for 4k me and my dad had a good sized, brand new top floor apartment with a huge patio and a beautiful view. Just gotta find good deals.

The train was great for me, never had any issues with the people on it really most where normal people going to work/home. It also didn't take very long either, for me to get to Oakland only took like 15 mins.

And lastly the people there where wonderful to me, I never sensed any problem with racism. I'm white and went to an almost all Filipino/Hispanic school, made plenty of friends of all races. Made friends at basketball parks, churches and occasionally on the Bart and again never sensed an issue. Of course there is going to be racism everywhere, It all ends up with you experience and see. The worst thing I saw was one late night in Berkeley some drunken old war vet was yelling for Asians to go back to Asia on the side walk, but not really a big deal people just ignored him.

It just really all comes down to your personal experiences. You can go to what many consider paradise, but get mugged by random, then suddenly this paradise will look like hell to you from then on. Or vice versa. Just how it is.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Is it really that gloomy all the time? Last time I visited San Fran, the sun was out and the weather was nice.
    I guess its a bit different from living there.

9. nono

nono Member

**** that chit. I don't want my brain to turn into Jelly.

And Nick, I live in the ghetto. Half the black people here have a chip on their shoulder with regards to whites and other races, and the whites and other races also don't want anything to do with blacks. People here hate the Chinese because they are so successful (I am not Chinese myself). I hope you understand why my experience is different from yours. Even on the train you are riding with your fellow upstanding rich white citizens. We might as well be living in entirely different worlds.

10. nono

nono Member

When did you visit ? It must have been September or so because that is the sunniest month I think. I have been here since January. It is not good. It is not really gloomy. However it is always chilly which is very aggravating for me. It should not be this chilly in May ! There is always a breeze which makes it feel even worse and carries some foul stench towards.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I understand bro, it's all about the area, a couple of blocks can make a worlds difference in a lot of cities.

Lol i'm not sure about this one, the people on the Bart where normal, plenty diverse both ethnically and economically it seemed. Also, like I said I went to an all hispanic/filipino school in the middle of the mission district, wasn't standing with many whites lol.

12. Mr. Clutch

I went to Texans-49ers at Candlestick and 90% of their fans had neck tattoos.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Didn't look bad at all when I watched Full House.

Visited there during Hurricane Katrina and it was pleasant.

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You moved to the wrong city in California. LA is where its at.

15. Mr. Clutch

I went to San Diego and a significant proportion of the population was homeless driving government provided scooters.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

so what city is your favorite to live in that you listed nono?

17. Nook

Nook Member

SF is nice to visit but I can see why someone wouldn't enjoy living there.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

At least you're not in OKC.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The family and people in Full House looked really happy, I don't believe you. Maybe you're just saying this so that there are no more people moving to SF.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I agree the weather there is not that good, and their public transport is not that good. I am always surprised when people say how the weather there is so good. Its always chilly. However there is a lot to do there like parks, attractions, etc.