1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am Sorry to the RA's

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRaiderRocket, Feb 22, 2008.

1. RedRaiderRocket

I got to admit I was very skeptical about the thought of Rick Adelman taking over for JVG. Especially after the Rockets fell behind 500 but since the loss to Philadelphia the Rockets have been playing the best basketball I have seen in years. The offense has looked great, not really the motion style many thought including myself Rick Adelman was going to try to establish. But this offense looks more fluid with great ball movement on a very unselfish team, thus leading the Rockets to one of their biggest winning streaks since the 93-94 season. Not only is our offense has been great but we have kept our solid defense in which JVG had established. Now we might not have the strongest or deepest team in the NBA, but we do have a great group of guys that play with heart and determination. I am proud to be a Rockets fan.

Now onto the most controversial player maybe ever in Rockets history, Rafer Alston. I know he isn't the greatest PG in the West but the last 20 something games he sure has played like one of them. There is still an urge to turn my head when he shoots the ball but it really looks like the trainers have done an excellent job fixing his shooting motion because his shot doesn't just look better, it is actually going in, and to be honest I couldn't be happier for any other guy in the league. Rafer Alston despite his limitations always plays winning basketball, he makes the offense what it looks like now. The Rockets have been trying to replace for what the last 2-3 years but he still shows up everyday with a smile and works his butt off, even the last trade he knows his time will probably get cut, but said in the interview he still will open Bobby Jackson with open arms. He is a real class act. Now I know this thread might be locked or hammered after tonights game vs Chris Paul because Chris Paul IMO is the leagues MVP right now, but I am proud to have Rafer.

Go Rockets beat the Hornets!!!!

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Rafer has really stepped it up lately. Even his "tear" drop is hitting when it used to put me in tears.

I'm loving how he pushes it up 70% in the game at FULL speed trying to exploit the defense for an easy layup.

I found it funny yesterday when I was watching the game........

....Rafer was WIDE open for the three and he made one more pass for an even WIDER open Head for THREE. In my mind I was like NOOOO take that Rafer!!! then I thought to myself did I really just say that?! :eek: :p

Keep it up Rafer!

3. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I am with you. Ill admit it. I was very critical of Adelman but now (finally) the offense is looking diversified although still somewhat "clunky". And no doubt about it, without Alston we aren't in the playoffs right now.

I still think. In the end. When we are eliminated... The blame may fall on solely on one of the RA's.

5. Tuan

Tuan Member

Will you still feel like this if the Rockets didnt make the playoffs? I am still waiting until after the season to see whether I owe RA an apology.

6. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Yeh same here. Actually I'll only say sorry if we get out of the first round.

7. RedRaiderRocket

Way I look at it, the Rockets are playing over 600 basketball, on pace to win over 50 games in a ridiculous west there is only so much you can do. Plus like I said I was still am a huge JVG fan, but I am not sure he would of played both Landry and Scola over Hayes, turns out the move seems to be dead on.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Look at the West this year. ANY TEAM can lose in the first round. There is no guarantee even for the top teams. The conference is THAT stacked. The #8 team (which is playing .625 ball) and the #1 team are only 4.5 games apart.

I wouldn't use whether we can get out of the first round as the measure for this season. I think we should measure them on HOW they play in the playoffs.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Did anyone else see Rafer make that teardrop from almost the free throw line last night? I was thinking, "My god if he's that hot we can beat anyone". I like Rafer as a person, but let's let this hot streak play out and see if he really has made a permanent adjustment (read: improvement) to his game and if he can really finish like this on a consistent (read: season-long) basis. I don't want to be a fairweather fan, so I try not to get too excited or, conversely, too critical of Rafer when things are going good or bad. He is what he is. But he is shooting better this year (.402) than he has at any other time during his tenure with the Rockets.