1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am proud of this team!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

When you finish the season like we did which includes a loss to the pathetic Hornets there is no reason to be excited.

Not to mention we also blew the lead in most of those games. Including losing to Miami without Wade, Bosh, and Eddy Curry.

2. comehere2

comehere2 Member

Proud? Seriously? You should have pride before be proud.

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

We did our best, but came up short. I am heartbroken, but also proud of the effort put forward by our team.

We are what we are, now we need a star.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I can't say that i'm "proud" of this team, but i don't think we played below our talent-level either. Coming into the season I thought we were a 500 team, perhaps slightly better than average, either 8th or 9th in the West. That's pretty much what we are.

I'm proud of Chandler's great rookie season. I'm proud of Dragic taking the next step and coming into his own. I'm actually proud of the way Dalembert played (all things considered). And I think that Lowry really took his game to another level as well (this last month not-withstanding). Lee also stepped up, so I was proud of that. Lastly, I was really proud of the way that Bud elevated his game.

I was disappointed in Scola and Patterson. Goes without saying that I was very disappointed in Martin. I was a little disappointed in McHale (not to the extent of the others I mentioned, but self-destructing the way we did down the stretch is somewhat on him). The decision not to play Morris and see what he could offer was a bad one. I was disappointed in Morey from begining to end. Coming into the season i thought he made a big mistake by not picking a direction, and at the trade deadline, he made some good moves, but nothing that put us on a definative course to long-term success. I'm disappointed with the fans for not coming to the games (but without a really good product on the floor, who can blame them). Most of all I'm angry with Les for 15 years of mediocrity and no real championship contenders. I wish he would let the GM do his job without major restrictions.

So my feelings are mixed about this season. Until Les steps aside, i see more of the same. Morey can't really do his job if Les takes rebuilding off the table.

#64 Aruba77, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I like this team overall, they are young, playing hard, with lots of rooms to improve next year. All we need to do is to keep our free agent players, get a good draft, trade some average players for a very good player if we are lucky, then we should be ready for a playoffs run next year.