1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am pissed that we had to get rid of Mobley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ceddy, Sep 17, 2004.

Tags:
  1. ceddy

ceddy Member

I love the t-mac trade, but i'm pissed we had to let go of mobley..he was a low cost player that delivered gr8 results...he was a gr8 defender and excellent shooter...why didn't we throw mo T in the deal instead of mobley...i really hated francis though, he just was a terrible shooter and made bad decisions...

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Get over it.

3. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Post above says it all!

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Who did we get in return? Just be happy and move on. :rolleyes:

6. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

So you want to have your cake and eat it too?

7. jkg123

jkg123 Member

What else do you do with cake?? That expression makes no sense...

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

come on even mo t? we should have just given up weatherspoon

9. rocketsmetalspd

Oh yes keep Mobley.:rolleyes: The one who wanted Lamar Odom for Yao. I hated Mobley not being able to pass the ball to Yao and even had the guts to motion Yao out of the paint.

Good luck in Orlando and Get over it..

10. daNasty

daNasty Member

Mobley Smobley. We got ourselves a TMAC.

11. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

The expression means to keep the cake because it looks nice, but still eating it because it is tasty. I never understood the saying either, but it was explained to me by a girl. I think it's more from the women's perspective becaue I never hear about guys that want to keep the cake because it's purdy.

Speaking of nonsensical sayings, the "Exception that proves the rule" is completely misused. In this case the "prove" doesn't mean that an exception somehow validates the point. It is used as in science, where prove means to test. So the Exception tests the rule, not prove in the normal sense of the word.

12. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

you hated Francis?? isn't that a bit harsh for one of the 2 best players on YOUR favorite team?

now for a normal respons to your post(not sure if it deserves one, but i'm not the one to judge).
    Like you said Mobley can do those things great, So the Magic Wanted Mobely, and not Taylor. So therefor we traded mobley and not Taylor

13. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I'm glad some people on this board have common sense. Why didn't we just give them Cato, Mo, and some garbage for possibly their 2 best players and Lue. While we're at it maybe we can get Duncan for Spoon and someone else. If we could have just sent them Mo instead of Cat I'm sure they would have done it, but unfortunately 1) it's not that easy 2) GM's aren't that dumb 3) it wouldn't make much sense because they drafted Howard and 4) as stated above, some people have common sense (obviously you aren't included on this list ceddy.

Pugs

14. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Who is Mobley?

15. serious black

serious black Contributing Member

I've always heard it as "the exception that makes the rule." The way I have understood it is that every rule has at least one exception. Nothing is written in stone, no statement is completely true... etc.

16. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I think it may be "halve" your cake and eat it too....

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Plays linebacker for the Broncos....

18. Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer Member

lol.. have your cake and eat it too .... means having the cake (McGrady) and keeping Mobley at the same time... it comes from I believe Marie Antoinette before she was beheaded .. she said "Let them eat cake" ... she couldn't keep the crowd happy and have her head at the same time ... just like for this poster's sake, we couldn't have McGrady and keep Mobley at the same time.

That being said.. I'm glad we have McGrady

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Man, thanks! Seriously, I never understood that saying.

EDIT: Wait a minute. Giddy, if it's "halve" your cake, I'm back to not understanding it again. :(

20. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-exc1.htm