1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am famous!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Val, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Val

Val Member

hahahah. Not really, but check out what Chad Ford had to say about TMac on Espn.

Val(Shoreline, WA): Hey Chad, Do you see the Rockets trying to unload TMac because of last nights announcement?

SportsNation Chad Ford: (1:37 PM ET ) They've been working on that for a while. They too had a shot with the Pistons this summer, but it fell through. I don't see how they can get any type of equal return for him given his constant injury issues. Best bet is to pray he's healthy when the playoffs roll around.

2. Val

Val Member

Sorry meant to add this, but couldn't edit.

Chad really doesn't have that much introspection and really doesn't shed any light on what we already don't know, but I didn't know that a deal with Detroit was a possibility.

3. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I just had to comment because you live in Shoreline. I just moved from Lake Forest Park and now I'm just down the road in Lake City.

Good to have a few Rox fans around.

4. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Yeah, it was rumored to be Billups and Prince, IIRC. Or was it Billups and Sheed? It was something like that.

5. redao

redao Member

Daryl (Houston, TX): Hey, Chad, I am not Morey, but I want to know what is the possible equal return for TMAC?

SportsNation Chad Ford: (1:49 PM ET) : Curry's towel.

6. rocketsmetalspd

Come on we all know the Rockets will not get equal value but then again what is equal value for the condition TMac is currently in. IF a trade is done it looks it will be with the Knicks.

7. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

they won't trade him now. Not mid season. T-mac might be the only thing keeping artest going to the lakers this summer when he's a free agent. If I were Morey, I'd try and keep the chemistry in my team strong until 2010. So he'll keep t-mac till 2010 at least if he can't get a cheap veteran deal on him so maybe artest will stay too.

8. GOAT

GOAT Member

his 2010 contract is our only hope right now

9. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

That was sharp. :D

10. HipHopSince1981

zing!

11. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

oooooh.

I mean, yuk!

12. rawool

rawool Member

LOL. Clever.

13. Val

Val Member

SLCRocket,

That's awesome! Good to know that there are Rox fans in the PNW, just down the street from me. We should meet if the Rox make the playoffs!

Redao, that was genius!

14. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Currys towel? Thats F****ed up. :D

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

would've been awesome to get billups for him, but anyway...

i say keep him out as long as possible. seriously. only bring him back for the playoffs if he's not needed sooner.

16. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Yeah he'll be nice and on his shooting game then.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he's shooting 38% this year from the field. he can't get any worse.

plus, believe it or not this isn't only about him. his erratic attendance is hurting other players performances, as well as that of the coaching staff.

i stand by my opinion, sit him down for as long as we can go without him. let the team gel, with some consistency for a change. then when we need him he can come off the bench as a boost to what the team already has.