1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am DONE with T Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FEAR THE BEARD, Nov 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

You cannot play his position and be that soft. It's not like he's skinny, just has a weak mentality.

2. bmd

bmd Member

I thought Jones was rebounding pretty strong this game. He was pulling down some tough ones with physicality.

3. Play07

Play07 Member

That's fine, I'm not a jones fan by any means, but he shouldn't be the blame for tonight, Lawson $13mill is a libialty when on the floor can't even play in the 4th he's the scapegoat & morey

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

jones is a dime a dozen pf. uses his athleticism a lot but not much skill. terrible touch around the rim. dmo couldnt come back sooner.

i'd rather see a backup pf of harrell, ariza and capella. split the minutes depending on matchups

5. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

How dare you talk about our best 3pt shooter like that.

6. OpenLayup-Why3?

I don't say he's to blame for anything this season. I say he's a fool's gold and lets not get hyped by his couple better games in a row and don't let Morey do the same he did by extending McHale early into last season, based on a good stretch.

7. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I agree, Jones is down the list of who to blame. He's actually been one of our better players this year, especially defensively.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Jones is only 23, but there are fundamental things he sucks at. He can't finish around the basket. He's a lousy rebounder. He's not a good defensive player. And his jumpshot is mechanically a joke. How long does that release take? 3 seconds? Curry could shoot a jumper and go grab the ball under the basket in the amount of time it takes Jones to get his shot off.

There's no way he's gonna be a Rocket come February. Morey would be insane to throw an extension his way and you don't wanna lose him for nothing. Odds are he'll be dealt within the next few months.

9. ibm

ibm Member

jones tries hard and gives it all.

the problem is his all aint that much.

10. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Yes he needs to go. I would have kept jsmooth over him and we should have probably done so.

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

He only missed 8 shots in the restricted area tonight...give the guy a break.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Couldnt get the one rebound that would have won the Rockets the game... COULDNT DO IT!

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dwight is known for bricking plenty of layups as well. LOL

Yeah it's time to part ways with Jones.

14. hansgee

hansgee Contributing Member

Even in 2k he can't hit lay-ups

#34 hansgee, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  15. dawesome

dawesome Member

he surely is slow. He gets blocked if hes under the rim and he takes like 5 seconds to launch three pointer

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

People waiting for D-MO to come back and save the day are going to be extremely upset when they find out that he and T. Jones are like 2 peas in a pod.

17. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

At least he's on the court and trying, Dwight on the other hand...

18. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

DMo is miles better than Jones but guys if you're expecting better rebounding from DMo you guys might be in for a major disappointment...

19. basketballholic

Terrence and Harrell were -15 tonight at home against the Knicks. Hopefully we never see that combination together AGAIN!! Terrence by himself is bad enough. You don't compound it by putting him at the 5 with Harrell at the 4.

Then again....I've only been calling for a 3rd 5/4 since before preseason started. Stupid me.

20. omgTHEpotential

While DMo is a much better player than Jones, I don't think that DMo coming back will be enough to turn this team into contender again.