1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am convinced the Rockets are trying to tank

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If they are trying to tank its been an epic fail. Another 14th pick?

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Rockets can't even tank right if this is true.

Pathetic pathetic pathetic

3. WNBA

WNBA Member

Being mediocre is the easiest thing in NBA.

It is hard to tank.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The Magic were in pretty close dialogue with the Rockets prior to his about-face in the last 18 hours before the trade deadline. There's a very legit chance that the Rockets could land him. Beyond a season, though? Would take a ton of luck.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Guys trust me, this ALL MAKES SENSE.

Dwight recently got hurt for the year, his relationship has soured big time since he signed on for 1 more year in Orlando, fans booed him etc. He will get traded in the offseason.

Morey has ALWAYS wanted dwight, even without a guarantee he'd sign an extension, AS SOON AS Morey saw Dwight and SVG/Orlando relationship sour, he called up Otis Smith saying, hey, what can I do to get Dwight in the offseason (remember trade deadline has passed by now). Days and days of negotiations go on, and then they have a deal in principle that Orlando has agreed to, BUT, the Magic GM want two first round picks, the ONLY way Houston gets 2 first round picks this year is by missing the Playoffs.

Morey then goes to McHale and says, hey, we need you to miss the Playoffs, trust me, it will be worth it.

and BAM. Here we are.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I am the happiest clutchfan of all of us. Rockets have a brighter future now. People may not see it yet. That draft pick was absolutely crucial.

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Stupid thread. If Morey wanted to tank he would have never traded for Camby. Camby has only helped us. We would have never won 4 games in a row on the road. Once we beat the Lakers and Chicago Morey would have shut it down so we would lose. We would never have come so close against Denver in that second game. We almost won. Morey is not that stupid. Please face reality we are just bad. And Camby and Scola down the stretch makes even more unathletic than Patterson.

The Rockets are just bad and we overacheived to even be in a position to make the playoffs. The Rockets suck but we are trying hard. I have never seen a Rockets so stressed in my life. A couple of times it looked like Mchale was going to cry when the Rockets losing those 6 games. Stupid premise!

8. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

The Rox weren't trying to tank down the stretch. They just weren't good enough. McHale didn't help by making some r****ded moves down the stretch either. The Rox again are deservedly taking their asses home once again for the playoff...

9. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

I'm not exactly sure where you are getting your information from, but the Rockets stand absolutely no chance of getting Dwight Howard in the off-season. This is more or less wishful thinking. What exactly on the Rockets would entice the Magic to obtain Dwight Howard in return?

Remember, at the beginning of the season, we practically traded half our team in an attempt to get Gasol and to get Howard we would need to offer much more than that. Not only that, the Rockets are nowhere near close to contention for an NBA title, so why would Dwight Howard WANT to come here? In the NBA now-a-days, the players seem to have a legitimate say in where they would like to end up and I doubt Houston is high on Howard's list. Hypothetically speaking, even if you were to obtain Howard, you would probably end up trading just about everything minus Morey's left sock just to get him, so it would still leave you with a less-than stellar product out on the court.

10. nadman89

nadman89 Member

2 picks , lowry and dalembert for howard?

11. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

Guess what. Otis Thorpe wouldn't agree to deal this early. He would hold out until he saw the offers from every other team.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

read my post. Morey didn't have a deal in place for Dwight until after the trade deadline, he was still going for the Playoffs with the Camby deal.

Answer me this, what would be the point in trading for Camby (you know McHale signed off on this) if he doesn't get utilized in the 4th qtr when we need him?

SOMETHING changed at a point in time after the trading deadline, SOMETHING was agreed upon behind the scenes.

13. Asian Sensation

We didn't tank. We're just THAT bad.

14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Good news is we screwed NJ out of a pick that they would try a move for D12. If the pick owed to Portland lands in the top 3, they're most likely moving that for D12.

15. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

if they are tanking now I have even less respect for Morey than before. This could have been done at a even better level at the start of the season.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

TheRealist137 you're going to mighty sad this off-season

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

His information is from numerous NBA sources who said the Rockets were in very deep discussions with the Magic up until the deadline. Moreover, why would the offer need to be "much more" than for Gasol? Gasol was under contract for four more years, allowing LA to extract maximum value. Orlando's leverage is significantly reduced with Howard assuming he refuses to sign an extension.

18. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

I'm pretty sure Otis Smith wants nothing to do with the Rockets after that T-Mac for Francis fiasco.

19. Raven

Raven Member

It's r****ded to think Morey ordered his head coach to tank. If Les-More wanted to tank, it would have happened from game one or maybe after the trade deadline. Nope, this didn't happen because Les-More wanted the team to tank, it happened because Les-More's rebuilding plan is a failure.

20. lightningferron

In Morey I trust.:)