1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am a big supporter of Rudy T but he's needs to go...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Verbatim, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

After the season if they don't make the playoffs.

I understand the not fouling wit 3 seconds to go and up by 3 points. Heck the way the Rockets were shooting CRITICAL FTs, I wouldn't trust them with Clutch FTs either. And the Jazz made a great shot, it happens.

But I do understand that with 13 seconds left and down by 2 that the Rockets DON'T run a play. I cannot believe that Steve dribble/pass to Mobley (would was colder than ice tonight) is a play. This is ISO at it's worse.

Mobley was so psych that he passed on an open 20 footer for a closer shot that was very contested. He was not the guy to get the ball.

This is the end and while I would like to somehow see the Rockets make the playoffs because they have the tallent, I don't believe they will.

Let's see,

Utah tomorrw night - Lost
    Heat at home - Win
    2 away games - Lost

Most away games - Lost

It's just too bad. They cannot beat the Jazz.

There is no silver lining. Nothing to learn from this game. They lost a heart breaker and this one out of all the losees hurt the most. This is the beginning of a "better 2nd half" and other than Ming and Steve, played like crab. The Jazz is still a good team and tonight they proved it, they snatch victory out of defeat while the Rockets look at yet another lottery off season with no picks, that really hurts.

2. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Yes. He has to go. He didn't tell the Rockets to foul Malone with 3 seconds left. He took a risk. And the final play......JUST LOOKED UGLY. He just forgot Yao! Yeah...try to make Mobley the hero...

JUST MORE LOSSES. I don't want to watch it anymore. I will watch tomorrow.......AND OF COURSE YAO vs. Shaq. But we're gonna lose that one too...:(

No playoffs.

Sometimes Rudy does not think properly.

3. pooh222

pooh222 Member

I believe it's best if the Rox don't make the playoffs this year. That should force Les Alexander to do something. The more and more I look at this team, the more I realise a major change HAS to occur for things to get better. Making the playoffs would almost be a curse, because Les probably would stick in there with the current staff and we'd be in for more mediocre B-ball.

I believe it's pretty much over for the Rox with their scedule so hopefully a silver lining to another playoff absence would be for Rudy T to be no longer the coach of this team. The only way I see this team reaching their full potential is with another coach.

4. AGBee

AGBee Member

Do you think YOU could think properly if you had been punched so hard that it almost killed you?

5. droxford

droxford Member

Rudy WAS a great coach.

Rudy is a very good coach.

But, Rudy no longer has what it takes to make this team reach its goal.

From here on out, the best we're ever gonna get from Rudy is early rounds in the playoffs.

It's sad, but true.

With that in mind, who's an available coach that could bring us a championship?

-- droxford

6. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

This one hurts more than others. Our low BBall IQ hurts us again in the clutch. Not fouling Malone with 3 ticks left in regulation time was inexcusable. And then we forgot totally about Yao in OT. :mad:

Rudy, you clueless moron.

7. min

min Member

there's only one possible choice...

PHIL JACKSON

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

When they were showing slow mo replays of the three pointer you could clearly see Rudy's lips saying "foul him, foul him".

So I dont think we should be blaming Rudy.

Patience my fellow fans.

This is only the beginning.

9. alaskansnowman

I don't think the play was set up for Mobley to receive the ball... it was supposed to be Francis 1 on 1, but he was forced to pass.

10. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

Still, it still shows the lack of discipline and the lack of willingness. I think a tougher coach would've made players like Griffin and Mobley ride the pine for their horrible game tonight.

11. pooh222

pooh222 Member

It would have been great for Rudy to make this clear to the team before they even went out on the floor. If he did make it clear, it's just another example of the players blowing him off and not listening to him. Rudy needs to demand more from this team. I believe Rudy was still out-coached tonight, by a back-up coach at that.

12. ACL1

ACL1 Member

"the Puch" is affecting rudy's coaching

I was baffeled today. Usaully if a player is fired up after an altercation he has extra adrenaline in him. Plays harder! three plyers got into it w/ the Jazz players. Rudy ended up pulling all three of them. Especially Cato was frostrating the hell off of Malone. Then Rudy benches him for who, Mo T who can not play defence, can not rebound, and was completely abscent from the last 6 min of the 4th quarter on. Effectively making the Rox play 4 on five. And malone goes to have a nice relaxing game the rest of the way.
    Why?
    which brings me to conclude that Rudy is affraid of altercations and he will throw away the game to avoid them like he did tonite. and this has to go back to Kermit Washington.

What would have happened if he had kept Cato in to Guard Malone? the worst would have been another push and shove and both ejected. Advantage Rocket. Or maybe even, a fight and both suspended double adavantage Rockets. That is Smart Coaching.

People use to do that to Dream all the time. some centers made their careers out of getting to fight w/ Hakeem, Michael Cage, Polenyce, Bill Hanzlik. SMART COACHING.

13. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

I am starting to think Rudy might need to pack his bags. I am doubting his lack of discipline and his lack of guidance; the rockets just break down come crunch time. Also, the rookies, other than Ming and Hawkins, are sucking big time. Ming played pro ball and so did Hawkins, so I can understand why they're doing better than Maddox and Nachbar. Nachbar played pro ball too but he didn't play major minutes nor was he the focal point like Yao was. So its understand why Nachbar isn't doing as good as ming. with that said, I am blaming the management. Something is wrong, Griffin is not developing and neither are the rookies! The Rockets have too much talent, don't let it go to waste.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They should have fouled anyone from the Jazz with 3 sec to go instead of giving instructions just before the last shot was released.

15. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

EXCELLENT insight. if by some chance we do make the playoffs, then this would probably just raise the hopes of this coaching staff. this would lead them to believe that with more training and experience with the team exactly the way it is, we'd have a chance of going further. but as you pointed out, a major change HAS to occur if we want to make any significant steps forward. and i just don't see anything happening with our advancement to the playoffs with this team. good call.

16. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

sweet jesus...it just doesn't end.

:(

17. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

You and every Rox fan.

18. 3 kids

3 kids Member

hope this aint no bad dream......wake up boy

19. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

This game is a hearbreaker. With 3 secs left, how can you not foul the Jazz? Amazing. Just guard everybody tight outside and let them have a lay up if they want...it'll burn time off the clock. This is amazing! I don't think i am going to blame Rudy on this as much as on the Rockets' players. They're just not intelligent enough.

20. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Where did you steal those lines? Re-runs of Kung-Fu.....