1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I’ve grown to HATE Aaron Holiday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IvanLCPM, Jan 3, 2024.

1. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

1- takes minutes away from our boys Amen/Cam
    2- is a ball hog
    3- plays no defense

Dankstronaut and HardenReturns like this.
  2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Good player but those mins are better going to rooks.

Y2JT and Bo6 like this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Holiday needs to be only a spot up shooter and know his place.

Y2JT, maypk and HardenReturns like this.
  4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

He went from good story and a useful vet to trying to do too much and taking possessions and minutes away from worthier players.

I've rarely soured on someone so quick...

He's not even good at running the point and his shooting has regressed. I hope for our team's sake that he plays better but at his point I'd be ok if he were once again buried in the bench (after our regular guys come back from injuries)

Bo6, Imanimal, Tmac1Yao11 and 2 others like this.
  5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

We're not .500 without him... Yall switch up quick lol

6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Maybe you should stop hating and support the team as you say you do. It’s a team game and Holliday has played well getting the playing time he earned. It’s not his fault people like you love to hate and demonize players. All players go through rough patches. He still hustles and plays defense and can handle the ball from the front court to set up the half court. There’s a reason he’s playing. How about more support instead of quickly turning on our guys?

shakes05, Corpusfan and ramotadab like this.
  7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Maybe you should stop hating and support the team as you say you do. It’s a team game and Holliday has played well getting the playing time he earned. It’s not his fault people like you love to hate and demonize players. All players go through rough patches. He still hustles and plays defense and can handle the ball from the front court to set up the half court. There’s a reason he’s playing. How about more support instead of quickly turning on our guys?

8. conquistador#11

On one brick, he had Amen running wide open underneath the basket. Thankfully 2 possessions later he found him.

HardenReturns likes this.
  9. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I guess...but I have to be honest and right now I'm not liking how he's playing differently than how he did when he first got his opportunity. I was literally ok with him taking Jalen's minutes! And coming from a relatively delusional Jalen Green fan like myself that's sort of ridiculous.

I can't help but to feel like he's trying to do too much. He was playing really well, and now he's not. He's also probably not a core piece so I do admit that I'm less patient with him than other players. I don't think I'm being too unreasonable with my take here.

Mathloom and IvanLCPM like this.
  10. Ancient Moabite

Holiday has vastly surpassed contract worth as being an insurance 3rd guard, and possibly could see his minutes shrink based on recent mini slump, but he brings that dawg so Ime will keep some minutes for him as Amen and even Cam getting more minutes, especially since VV minutes need to be decreased, but with him making 40$ mill you kind of want to get your money worth and play him a lot while grooming Amen to take over in 2-3 yrs

Udoka is playing with house money and is dealing like B Maverick, easily top 3 COY finalist thus far

Mathloom likes this.
  11. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

Uh, that’s a bit uncalled for, but ok!

I stand by our young players and wanna see them flourish, so when a 3rd stringer ballhogs and gets in the way of our prospect’s development I feel like I have the right to be pissed.

Cheers!

Imanimal likes this.
  12. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Houston fans are the worse...dude was literally our best 3 point shooter up until this week.

Easy, Stephen_A and javal_lon like this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I get it. He may force a few shots at times and it’s a little frustrating. But this is a guy who barely got any playing time in his career. Now he’s trying to make the most of his big break. Can’t hate that. Hopefully he gets back to the basics. If not I’m sure he wouldn’t play.

Roomba likes this.
  14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I get it. He may force a few shots at times and it’s a little frustrating. But this is a guy who barely got any playing time in his career. Now he’s trying to make the most of his big break. Can’t hate that. Hopefully he gets back to the basics. If not I’m sure he wouldn’t play.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. invocux

invocux Member

Don't hate him but he needs to pass a little bit more and he completely ignores Sengun for some weird reason which is ridiculous.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Provides end of bench depth and elite sharpshooting. Provides a great than 2:1 asst/to ratio. Gives us some professional if imperfect minutes. Steadier than a nervous young player, always.

He did exactly what he was supposed to do when we signed him. In fact let's be honest, he's already done more for us this season than we thought he was going to do for us the entire season. I couldn't have imagined a better scenario than a guy we signed for the minimum holding the fort at backup PG while our young guys get ready to be handed the torch.

Sometimes you guys get mad at inevitable things. It's like being mad that it's morning time. It was always gonna come. If there's anyone to hate for Holiday playing, it's Udoka. Rotation minutes are the coach's responsibility. Holiday is just doing what he was asked to do, and he's doing it really well even if we don't like it.

Roomba likes this.
  18. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I don’t agree that he doesn’t play defense. He does play defense which is a good thing. I agree with your other points but like someone said before it’s up to the coach to recognize that and do something about it.

19. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

You make a lot of sense here. I think I might be being a little unfair as to how I'm viewing Holiday, and I'm going to try to be a little less biased with how I see him and his role on the team.

It's way easier to be negative about player that I subconsciously see as "not a part of the core" than Jalen this season or Jabari last season--even though there's probably far more to be annoyed about in the aforementioned examples.

Fandom is a fickle thing--I can't say that I'm immune to it either. I'll try a little better, though.

Mathloom likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are right that Holiday is a typical journey man but I would like him to stay a little longer, he is a decent guy in a decent system.....

Roomba likes this.