1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I’m now more confident than ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by riko, Apr 29, 2019.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Not sure what your deal is. Basically repeating everywhere that the Warriors will sweep us. If you truly believe that, then keep it to yourself or post it in the Warriors forum. If it’s an anti-jinx thing, posting it once or twice is enough.

That said, to your point, the Warriors will also raise their level, I counter with the point that I think we are a lot closer to them this year than even last year with our personnel. The TOs we forced , the missed FGs by them weren’t flukes on our end. Those can be attributed to our defense. Klay and Steph are capable of exploding no matter what, sure, but even that were to happen I feel we still have a chance to stay in contact with them and take it from them this year. This is based on last game and the games we have played them in the regular season. I am not sure what you base off your opinion.

BeBreezy likes this.
  2. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Actually, they was shooting it well at one point. But I feel we defended the 3pt area quite well in the final quarter or so.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I love the optimism of this thread, and I wish I shared it. I think the Warriors played awful yesterday...for the Warriors' standards. Tipoff yesterday was less than 48 hours from their last game against the Clippers. They turned the ball over a ton. And it still wasn't enough for us to seize the moment.

I want to be wrong...but I don't think this ends well. GO ROCKETS, regardless!!!!!

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. Caprah

Caprah Member

When Eric freaking Gordon has been you’re best player in the playoffs over you’re two top dogs I’m not sure you can be optimistic ....

Paul looks average right now and Harden just missing shots so you can’t expect to win a title with Gordon as you’re best performer

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, but the way we played them defensively ... KD wasn't all that comfortable catching the ball when a body is stuck on him. We also face guard Steph and Klay at all times to deny the catch and shoot. Those are signs that we can hang with them. I am not so sure about the mental toughness about this Warrior team. I think we are stronger mentally than them.

clutchdabear likes this.
  6. YallMean

YallMean Member

BELIEVE

I am telling you we are right there to compete with them. We have enough to compete with them.

18pbr likes this.
  7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The Rockets need to forget about all this reffing bullshit, and go out and ****ing HOOP. Clint needs to absolutely man the **** up. Dude called out the Warriors saying he wanted them, and then shows up and plays like a candy ass. Not a good look. Tucker is getting wide open looks from the corner. He needs to knock down at least one or two of those to change GS's defense. House needs to stop looking like a deer in headlights anytime a Warrior has the ball on the perimeter, and move his damn feet.

I'm tired of all the whining now. Our point was made. Now it's time to shut the **** up and HOOP.

BeBreezy, clutchdabear and YallMean like this.
  8. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

What are you taking and where can I get some? There's more of a chance of us getting swept than winning the series.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Part of me wants to win this series more than anything else in the world.

Win the lottery?
    Halt climate change?
    Find the path to world peace?

Those things can wait. I want Warrior blood right now.

10. Caprah

Caprah Member

Chris Paul’s days as a legit superstar are done and if Harden dosent get his shooting down pat the chances are minimal.As I mentioned earlier if Gordon is your best performer you typically have no shot

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

But what if to make up for Game 1 they come out and are extra tight on both sides throughout the game. It could create a scenario with both team having 40+ FT's and foul trouble for both the Rockets and Warriors.

Not sure that plays to the Rocket's advantage.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Why is that? If Gordon, Tucker, House, Rivers these guys put up above their average numbers we win the series. Outside their big three, I like our role players over theirs.

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I may feel the same way after my lift

14. riko

riko Member

It’s called upside. This team was really off on the offensive end and lacked the usual production out of Clint and Tucker plus we didn’t have Rivers. Youcombine that with the fact we only lost by 4 with plenty of chances to win it bodes well.

15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I'm with OP on much of that, but two things:

1) Clint is great, but he is bad against GS. Because Dray is possibly the single most effective player in the NBA at shutting down the Harden+Capela P&R. So I don't expect him to improve significantly (though he has pretty much nowhere to go but up after game 1)
    2) While I think Kerr and the media were overstating the severity of the injuries to try to play mindgames, it's possible that Klay and Curry were both still suffering some ankle pain. With over two days to recover now (nearly a full day more than they had last game), they might be in better shape... but hopefully so his Harden's wrist.

That said, I still have pretty solid confidence in our ability to win this, too. But we need to focus on making shots. The whistles may or may not come, but I know we're capable of playing better offensively than we did yesterday even if they don't. Can't let the refs get in our heads. They might cost us the series anyway, but we have to at least try to focus on the game at hand.

riko likes this.
  16. CALI_MOST_WANTD

I thought for sure this was going read "I am now more confident then ever the NBA is rigged and they clearly been giving Warriors wins throughout these years"

I am still confident that we can win this series as long it's not 5 vs 8 again

17. riko

riko Member

Eric Gordon is a star so I’m not surprised with his stellar play thus far. Put him on another team with more touches and he will give you 24 points a night.

clutchdabear likes this.
  18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Agree op.

Go Rockets!

19. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

It doesn’t even matter if we get Fosters or Brothers. How many times have I heard that Zach Zarba was the best ref in the league? Just look at what they did to us in Game 1.

20. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

YUUUUGE jinx.