1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hypothetically speaking: if I were going to bet on the Rockets...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by backwardhead, Oct 9, 2022.

1. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Hypothetically speaking: if I were going to bet on the Rockets how would I do it? Living in Houston.

I was in Vegas for summer league and played a sports book. Made a little money on the Astros. It was cool. But I'm so sure the Rockets are going to blow the books open this year that I want to "get receipts" and make some money doing it. As much as my wife will let me make :(.

Anyhow, hypothetically speaking if I wanted to bet on the Rockets, what's the legal way of betting online?

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ve been wanting to do this for years

I’ve heard u can place online bets with Bovada or BetOnline if you’re in TX, but I haven’t done it yet

mar1juana and sports betting should be legal everywhere

3. Hoothrewpoo

Hoothrewpoo Member

Bovada. You’ll have to use crypto to fund your account - easiest through CashApp if you don’t already have a crypto wallet.

backwardhead likes this.
  4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Good luck man! If I were trying to make money gambling I would make a rule to never bet on teams I was a fan of. There are times when it pays to be a real fan, but sports gambling is not one of them and actually it's quite the opposite. You gotta use your head and make sure your heart isn't getting in the way if you want to make real money.

5. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I appreciate the sage advice. I don't normally gamble but would like to see what I could do in our first 20 games betting against the spread. Not looking to really even make money per se but want a little extra mustard on the belief that we are going to be criminally underestimated!

That said, if we continue to turn the ball over like we did last night my optimism is going to be seriously dampened

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

so I started betting online with bovada this season using bitcoin

I’m 5/10 so far including winning 3/4 live game bets tonight

makes the games a little more interesting

I’ve only bet once on the Rockets so far tho

#6 Reeko, Oct 25, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I have been tracking the Rockets lines and their performance against them to see what the consensus was for the team, and if we would beat the overall win/loss projection. I initially thought they would out perform expectations, but so far it looks like they are 1-1-2 against the spread (ATS), and looking like maybe Vegas will be correct about their win/loss total estimate. I will say that over the years it has become increasing more difficult to bet due to their bookmakers being actual hedge fund quants, but maybe explore over/unders instead of point spreads, makes it easier to watch without having to necessarily bet against or for your team.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

I'm suspecting Silas be betting on KPJ, its the only reason he would want him handling the ball more and taking more shots....

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Going to Vegas in December.....need a bag man?

;)

DD