1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hypothetical - would you trade Harden for Kawhi?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Feb 10, 2016.

?

Would you magically swap Harden with Kawhi if given the opportunity?

1. Yes

215 vote(s)
    53.5%
  2. No

187 vote(s)
    46.5%
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Tony Parker...

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At some point Parker was Finals MVP though

and Pops was like a father to him

3. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Leonard is a system player. Not one you can give the ball to and tell everyone get out the way.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

^^two sides to the ball..name of the game is point differential, not points scored.

The only exception is Durant or Kobe types..Harden falls short of that.

Systems don't shoot the ball for you or play man to man defense. If he had average shooting and just scored at the rim, then you'd have a food argument.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

At some point Parker was a selfish PG that Pop had to drill sense into.

I'm pretty confident that he'd never what he is today without Pop getting it out of him.

Pop would happily coach Harden. Every time Harden came into the game lazily or had moments of selfishness that hurt the team Pop would quickly sit him until he gets the message. It doesn't hurt that Pop wins games so players come to quickly realize that listening to him is not a bad idea.

Also the idea that Harden is just this wildly seflish player...nah. This is a guy that was ready in his own words to play the rest of his career as a 6th man and a guy that took a lesser role for Team USA as well all while Curry and Irving on the other hand were clearly out there trying to get numbers.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Comments like this are hilarious. What else you got lol

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

If the Spurs had Harden instead of Kawhi they would be even more lethal than they currently are. Pops would do that trade straight up with a smile on his face.

8. Moahst

Moahst Member

This is an interesting question for me because if you were to make that swap, this Rockets team would be much worse and Kawhi would play terribly. There would have to be a lot of personnel adjustments to bring in scorers and playmakers, but in his natural habitat Kawhi brings us closer to a championship than James Harden even if only by a hair.

9. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

this website really has the dumbest people

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think Harden is the most selfish guy in the NBA or even in that kind of group.

He is talented yet not the most athletic guy, his physical tools are not the best.

He relies on his skills a lot and does not work as hard as a blue collar guy. That is understandable.

I actually believe that he cannot play Defense every game. I do.

People should stop seeing Harden as a God or one of the Top 10 guy of alltime.

He is great and should probably be in the Top 60-80 of alltime when all is done. But not more and not less.

During his career he picked up a lot of bad habits, bad fitness regimen and so on.

I doubt Pop at his old age is willing to coach an inconsistent team from scratch.

The only teams I can see him coach are Warriors like, Atlanta or a contender like Cleveland.

11. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Shouldve drafted him instead of Marcus. Plenty here were thinking the same thing om draft night.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually, he only had one "up" year. We don't really know whether this was a down year for him or last year was a fluke. He needs to play on that level for several seasons.

That said, Leonard is not on Harden's level. I wouldn't swap them straight up, not now. But if Harden continues to show that he can't be relied on bringing it every game, then I may rethink about it.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

But this isn't about whether Pop would coach an inconsistent team, he wouldn't. It'd be a swap. Also he coaches consistency any ways.

The Rockets are inconsistent in large part because of coaching. The coach has no consistency with his rotations, how then are they supposed to be consistent?

I feel it is the other way around here. People act like every other star player other than Harden is god mode. We went through this ever since he was here.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not sure.... Coaches like Pop should only brought in to solve a situation or put a consistently good team over the top.

Rox are not a consistently good team. Yeah you could say it is all JBB's fault.

Nah not everything. We lost tons of games with our players not caring much, playing loose basketball, mediocre, sloppy and uninspiring basketball.

They are not even being professional. This is not just on the coaching staff.

You enter the league to be professional. You just cannot show up in trainings camp being fat and lazy.

good if you think we have a shot a championship caliber coach like Pop then so be it. I would welcome him with open arms.

15. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

neither can you do this with harden. this season should be a good example of why harden isos don't work

16. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

you don't fluke an entire season

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Leonard is not a volume shooter or scorer, therefore the stats are not that inflated.

Sure he probably isn't as good as Harden offensively but he is smart, he can get better.

His Defense alone can make him earn 14-15 millions a year. (Harden salary)

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Harden was better last year

Kawhi is better this year

It's all about who you think will be better going forward

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

SO ****ING FAST YOUR HEAD WOULD SPIN!!!!

I had a thread years ago about how I would trade TMac for Ginobli, got laughed at, this is probably similar..

Leonard is a better NBA player and a champion.

We need more 2 way players.

DD