1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hypothetical - would you trade Harden for Kawhi?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Feb 10, 2016.

?

Would you magically swap Harden with Kawhi if given the opportunity?

1. Yes

215 vote(s)
    53.5%
  2. No

187 vote(s)
    46.5%
  1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...-minute-workout-show-kawhi-leonards-greatness

============================================

What a cheapo!

But really such a down to earth, high character, focused guy. Is that him being himself or it the Spurs way of doing things influencing him?

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Lol Kawhi doesn't drive a CLA? What a chump.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'd execute the trade only if I knew Kawhi was a firmly against the use of excessive A-1 sauce.

4. valorita

valorita Member

one has finals mvp and dpoy, no offcourt drama and is only interested in becoming better and seems to have no ceiling.

One is interested in parting, advancing his brand and comes to camp out of shape and ends up being a large reason why his coach gets fired 11 games in after a conference final run. I forgot to mention that he sets records... On turnovers

5. MD_in_Training

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There are very few people who can create like harden. Leonard is not one of them.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Kawhi is the best two way player in the league and its not even close...But the load that Harden has to carry for these Rockets in order to be successful... isnt even close. James has to score, create, shoot FT's, make clutch baskets, play (d)efense, go to strip clubs, date a Kardashian, make 200 million+ on his brand...hard to do for anyone...but James does it... and more.

8. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Yes. Defensive leader and offensive threat. His head is in the right place and he is more of a leader than Harden has shown to be at this point. Leadership goes further than skills lots of times.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree 100%, and can barely stand listening to Root announcers anymore giving only Harden all the credit for every game and never saying anything bad about him even when he plays horribly.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Did Kawhi receive any criticism when the Spurs lost in the 1st round last year?

Or when Curry lit up the Spurs for 35+pts in 3 qtrs while blowing the Spurs out?

Kawhi is a very good player but when the Spurs win, which is often, he's gets all the praise but when they lose no one dares to criticize the guy.

Say what you will about Harden but he takes his lumps in the media.

Kawhi is one of the untouchable golden boys in the NBA.

11. Drogba

Drogba Member

Wait, when has Harden ever been involved in offcourt drama?

12. OTMax

OTMax Member

I'd still do it.

13. dje243

dje243 Member

Disagree. Announcers aren't going to outright criticize any player. They do acknowledge when Harden loses his man or is having a bad shooting night just like any other player. In what universe is an announcing crew that outright criticizes the product on the court able to keep their jobs? This is an entertainment business. It's their job to make people want to tune in and watch the games.

"This team blows and they all suck on defense. Harden is a fake star who doesn't care about winning and only plays on one side of the ball." -Never Going to Happen

These guys work for a company that has a contract to televise the games. I'm fairly certain they'd like to keep that contract.

Also... Harden has ABSOLUTELY carried this team to the majority of their wins, below average defense or not.

14. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Yup without a doubt.

15. MD_in_Training

So? Doesn't mean he's not more valuable than Harden. Harden is a better creator than Curry, but we all know who the better player is.

16. No Chill Rocket

I love me some Gems Hurdin but I do believe I would accept a trade for Kiwi Leopard . Pls Deril Morie maek this happen

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

ok. very few people can lock down like Leonard does. harden is definitely not one of them. see how that sounds

18. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

This thread aged well.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Back then: No.

Today: Still no.

slothy420, HP3 and krmclaughlin like this.
  20. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Westbrook for Kawhi.

Do something Stone!