1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hypothetical] Would Morey trade Howard or Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yellow, Nov 10, 2013.

?

Would Morey do or wouldn't Morey do?

1. No way, he's not crazy!

37 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Hmmm...small chance

14 vote(s)
    11.2%
  3. He might be a wizard, but that's a hard trick to pull off

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. He's traded almost every player on the roster, so why not?

30 vote(s)
    24.0%
  5. Only if things get really bad or a great deal presents itself

39 vote(s)
    31.2%
  1. Play07

Play07 Member

Minny would not do that !

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This thread could signal the beginning of the end for my tenure here as a poster.... its that bad, but this the fact that people are actually buying into it and bringing up Kevin Martin (as a better alternative) has me thinking that enough is enough.

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

For prime Michael Jordan.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Seriously, I feel loyalty to Clutch and to CF, but it's a damn shame how the board's changing. This place should make being a Rockets fan more fun! These days, it's a real mixed bag.

5. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

99% our players never make it past 6 seasons and at most last three. I can only think of three players who have lasted beyond that. So any trade is possible is likely in the near future, but like I said it would have to be a top ten player who fits with the rest of the team.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

For current LeBron.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

That is not what was said I said harden needs to stay. It was clear in my post, I said harden needs to play within a system like have more plays ran for him etc. harden is better than Martin he can catch and shoot but asik has the ability to drive into the lane draw a foul. That's what makes him the better player. I was saying that ball gets sticky with harden if we had a better system harden would be more efficient and the whole team would probably play better

8. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Said this in the off season.....Harden for CP3.

CP3 and Dwight all day

Not trying to discount how good Harden is but I just think CP3 and Dwight would compliment each to the max. And if there was ever 2 people build your team around, that would be it.

Nucleus of CP3, Parsons, and Dwight. Trade everyone else for assets and role players.

Flame on.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7984219&postcount=12

#28 tinywang, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  9. langal

langal Contributing Member

Anything for Steve Blake or JJ Redick. Those guys score in bunches.

10. photojoe

photojoe Member

Since Morey has been our GM in 2007, his entire strategy was to improve slightly and gain more and more assets so that we would be in position to trade for a superstar.

He tried several times that didn't work out. Carmelo, Bosh, Amare...probably others that I'm not even aware of.

It finally paid off when we got Harden.

Having that first start was required in order for us to attract the second one, when Howard signed with us.

Now his job is to find the right pieces around those two to complement their games. There is no way that he is going to go back and start over on that process.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I normally avoid the GARM like the plague and threads like this are the reason why. The GARM has been trash for years and it's getting worse.

Fortunately, the forum is a LOT more than just the GARM. :)

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden/Howard for Nelson/Vucevic

13. afk

afk Member

Only if it's for a true all-star PF. In otherwords, if it's not Love, Morey wouldn't move Howard.

14. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Trade Harden. Good big men are a rarity. Plenty of other guards who would be a good fit for the rockets

15. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

This is horrible. Harden is the bet 2 guard in the NBA and Howard is the best center, you don't walk away from that. Give these guys a chance. Harden is banged up and they haven't developed chemistry yet. Things can come around

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Name "plenty" of guards who Morey could trade for that would step in for Harden.

17. mario_v

mario_v Member

This is why the GARM is depressing to read at times like these. Seriously, what is wrong with you? Smh....

Say hello to my ignore list. Dont bother replying back.

18. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Man people are dumb and don't seem to understand hot and cold streaks.

20. DL24

DL24 Member

guys, tell me if I'm wrong here but even though Howard has very good averages, his post up game is just horrible. He seems to either A. step out of bounds on the baseline B. called for an offensive foul C. travel D. throw the ball at the backboard E. get fouled and miss both fts...