1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hypothetical: Harden wants to come Home

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmoney1101, Jul 31, 2021.

?

Would you welcome a Harden homecoming?

Poll closed Jul 31, 2022.
  1. Yes

43.2%
  2. No

56.8%
  1. HP3

HP3 Member

[​IMG]

Goodbye

2. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Farewell ! Keep living in that fantasy land where harden has never lost a playoff series. Good lord

Dobbizzle likes this.
  3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

[​IMG]

HP3 likes this.
  4. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

5. MadRox

MadRox Member

Big fat no, bad influence on our young players, late to film study, wants people to wait for him for practice......he will drive KPJ, Green, Wood, Sengun out of town like he did every other good player we had.

6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

IF and only if he's old enough and aware enough to relegate himself to the bench as a 6th man or less. As it stands right now we have our guards for the future lol

7. DonatelloLimestone

harden drove good players out? then a super team and a few others all wanted him afterward?

Or that when the media voted curry, the players themselves voted harden mvp twice?

Jimmy butler, mr grit, called harden the biggest problem in the league

the guy is lazy? the guy who never satt out when otherstars were doing load management? Playing high minutes, useage, messing around and leading the league in scoring, then assists even while his team cheaped out on depth and role players?

Cmon, plenty of criticism as he has fallen short, but don't have to rewrite him as some bum. the guy never misses a workout, had to be convinced to get rid of morning shoot arounds, and did things that are at the elite end even for a hall of famer. hes not a athlete, hes a skill player too. o do that for one season let alone several all while having a target on your back as a great player takes grit, perserverenc,e and drive to be really great. it doesn't happen by accident, especially to a 6'5 big boned kid in this league.

And KPJ has already said harden has given him advice and they are friends.
    I could see his play style and defensive issues, but a hall of famer who gave houston a lot of memories and only left along with his tpresident, gm bc a new owner began to cheap out on depth on their window is not the enemy even if i agree he didn't handle it right.

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

There’s a weird narrative with Harden like his last month here was the same as the rest of his career here. Like you guys did watch basketball before ‘20 right? Silliness.

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Obviously . Depending on the salary and role.

even if he’s still good and healthy I’d rather not do a 4 year 200 million dollar deal . Doing that hampers our ability to get other guys .

Plus even if it’s not justified, I feel like he owes us . I really enjoyed his play and even was mostly satisfied with team success. But , the way he left was pretty dick. I don’t care if CP3 is getting paid 40 and they made the finals .

when he comes back it’s not his team . That can’t be the culture . I believe that he CAN be unselfish .

But also , I feel like the only way he comes back is if in 2-5 years A few of the young guys we drafted are looking great.

We have to be a borderline top 10 team at worst and he thinks he (and maybe another guy) can bump it up to surefire top 4-5

edit. Or he comes back in 10+ years on a vet Min

10. DonatelloLimestone

He owes us?
    in nba economics the stars generate a heavy point of revnue, that why these billionaire killers who won't even give living wage to some will bend over backwards..not bc they are stupid and in awe of stardom, bc these guys generte the income....

thats why when we leaked a tear down of harden, we also somehow peculiarly offered him 100 million to stay.

While watching clevelnd, warriors, bucks whoever else spend big, spend on the tax. he saw his team cheaped out on margins. Even while he played big minutes, useage, and didn't sit out when other stars 'load manage'. While cleveland i still paying for that tiel, milwaukee pays up, phoenix pays literally for what houston won't, he came bak to a lockerorom in 2019 after 40 minute games to watch his best friend and the championship vet,locker room leader gone and replaced with ennis and House...then saw in january house being sent home for 2 month for tax reasons, also saw ennis trded for 2nd rounder while he was in the rotation, no replacement...the only beneficiery also of a first rounder we traded that year? LTS...owner savings, then the owner take the mike after 2019 and says these guys need to better with a cheaper product nad hes the one who will instill that winnig mentaltiy...do you know any other owners who treat their stars or teams like this?

Oh yea...KmJ...green, not influence by harden? Are you kidding me, this new generation is trying to pattern their games off of him.hes not jut revered by rookies, he was voted players mvp twice by people who should be infuriated with his style...sadly its the media and fans tht don't respect waht the guy does.

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

you read , but I feel you did not fully understand . I agree that he was worth his salary . I agree that Tilman was not up to par.

however , I’m just saying that if we get him back , it will be different circumstances. I don’t have interest in paying harden 40+ million dollars for a 4 year deal .

furthermore , I hope if he chooses to come back it’s under different circumstances; where it doesn’t feel like a one man team .

I have no problem with guys modeling their games after his . He’s a great player . But cut us a break lol . Tim Duncan gave SA a discount for how many years ? Same with a few other great players . Lebron took a cut to play with wade and bosh .

look Tilman didn’t do his part . But , we had chances and harden didn’t manage to get it done either . I’m sure it gnaws at him .

I mean the ideal situation (to me) is harden takes a real solid for the team and Tilman does his part and goes into the LT elsewhere to get even more talent . I don’t want harden to come back to take us from the 20th best team to borderline top 10 one . Not at 4-160+ or whatever the rate is at the time

12. DonatelloLimestone

Lebron didn't take a pay cut to play with them. He signed a maxat hte time. He also left and made it known that he was unhappy they amnestied mike miller bc he made the heat so much money and they were still cheaping out while having crazy atention and wins year in and out. Wade took the pay cut, and then teh heat told him to kick rocks when he got a deal from chicago....just like hakeem, wnated to stay on, the team told him to kick rocks in Toronto...andplayers are supposed to be loyal when htey know they will be told to eat it unless it works for the teams pockets too.

I hope it gnaws at him that we became a laughing stock that any star would ask out of , no one is going to waste time in modern nba on an owner making money off of them while cheaping out and the public blaming them. That goes for green to if he ends up being a superstar. The player mepowerment is only growing after that too.

I agree with you that the ideal situation. And I don't think him coming back at 35 would befor a max or to take over the team, in fact his useage was what iwas bc that was our most efficient option since we refused to go into tax or take swings in that regard, so he was the best bet. Its not surprising curry told us he wants to play another way and then he went to the nets too.where he definitely didn't go to bethe super star, he just realized what lebron did after carryin a team for 7 years individually, or what jordan did for the same, or what kobe did with his beloved lakers when he realized the emphasized profit over winning while hes working his tail off and making them that profit, that it takes more to win in the playoffs.

13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Harden has to learn to overcome bad officiating that Kobe rarely if ever experienced yet Jordan played in a more physical era. Harden's approach at critical moments, even playing through injury, seem question his ball iq as Marbury pointed out.

14. DonatelloLimestone

Marbury talked about the nets harden...the guy was playing on one foot and the difference between his game then and before the playoffs was so obvious its a non starter. When he was on the court, he made a difference more than anyone in the big 3...more so that guys who played with steph, lebron...they personaly wanted to play with harden.
    I definitely agree that he had his short comings, tehres no doubt in my mind we needed more fromm him, mda...but really the trajectory of cheaping out on depth, margins, assets, actual role players for 2019 is the biggest factor, before that we're one game from the nba finals...we began to cheap out on non headlining moves and we never sniffed that close. more so, none of the top stars like harden would play through that.

And I do imagine the reason most stars go threre for the playoffs, bc they know you need help and other creators come playoffs. Great kobe bryant was creaming at the lakers to Trade him or get some damn talent, thats after he won rings bc he knows what it takes and he knows owneres can cheap out just enjoy the profits and make his job harder. Thats why despite the media narrative ofharden, he was voted players mvp multiple times and over curry whose never won it from the players..and thats with harden who should be hated by the players the way he plays.

this isn't ricky davis in the cavs or sjax with hawks just getting a lot of high useage and putting up empty ststa. players like harden who are as good and smart as he is hwo produce to the level of leading the league in scoring and in assist, one seeds, mvp, multiple 50 games, etc...they are elite even for hall of famers. hes not an athelte, hes a skill player, he earned it. And its no wonder MR. Grits like Jimmy butelr and more so pJ who whousl'dve hated harden's apparent 'lazy culture' but was pushing to goto brooklyn to play again with him along with the two stars their hoping to get him, maybe he isn't a loser and cheaping out on margins, depths, and creating a culture of blame and deflection while making yourself, the owner, centerpiece isn't a way to win in the nba

15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Imagine trading all of those Brooklyn picks for lil baby.

Dobbizzle and VickMackey like this.
  16. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

For everything Harden's done, I do cheer for him and know he is ability to create is good enough to cause controversy when compared to CP3, Magic, Stockton, Nash, Kidd, Thomas, and Bird.

#276 Sanctity, Aug 15, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    joshuaao and DonatelloLimestone like this.
  17. DonatelloLimestone

I also think once a narrative sticks, especialyl to an unsophisticated communicator like harden whose momis his agent it can paint an unfair picture...no doubt i have my list of things he got wrong too or wish he did better, but all things considered you look at hte level of athletse in the nba and harden, hes a skill player...he gets ebtter almost every year, that doesn't come by accident..those games, useage when others are sitting out is not just grit, but determined perseverence to be great to do that over a marathon of a season, let alone several. he was also having to be convinved to quit morning shoot arounds, heck just like MJ he may be out all night, he never misses a workout or to work on his game.

He committed to houston dn the foundation and all sorts of work, the guy even donated money AFTER he left..he had a rockets themed restaurant open this year...doesnt sound like a guy clamoring to get out, he just had no choice to see his small prime left and owner willfully lyng to him or the public shamelessly and any str would've left.

Downtown Sniper, HP3 and Sanctity like this.
  18. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I agree. If the Rockets had better ownership perhaps it would be Durant and Irving in Houston along with Harden plus complimentary pieces.

19. DonatelloLimestone

didn't even consider that but houston is a big drawfor players typically and checks all the marks: Warm, 4th biggest market, Taxes, Diverse City with options(Strip clubs)...

and to think some people on here think harden scares players away...their mistaken because when the media was voting curry for mvp...the players association voted against a guy they should all hate by the way he plays, but they voted harden mvp twice. the respect is there from the league, people know its not an accident he is where he is despite some weird perception that the guy rolls out of a strip club and drops 50-17 andleads his teams to wins with a target on his back on accident...pj tucker has the respect in everyone in the league, after we called him a culture killer pj stil lsought to play with harden as did other stars

ah well, that was a massive missed opportunity with a talent like that...hopefully Green and this young batch will produce one and tilly can have another shot and hopefulyl get it right for all our sake. If harden came back which I think he may given his hints, his gme should age well and i'd welcome any talent here.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

"I know exactly what we need to do".

I'm sorry dude. He was part of team "CP3 gotta go".