1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hypothetical: Can Parsons interfere with a Max Player arrival next summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedrockets, Oct 30, 2012.

1. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

B4 you guys say this thread is stupid and stop posting BS, really delve into this hypothetical question

Can Parsons hinder a Max Deal player next summer for Rockets?

CP makes $ 888,250 this year w/ a team option next year that has not been excercised to my knowledge as of yet (Bima Thug feedback). If he has a season like he had last year (10.0 ppg and 5 rpg) and somehow up his play to (15 ppg and 8 rpg). Can you see his agent (Mark Bartelstein) who also manage Danny Granger, David Lee, Mo Williams and Nick Young more than likely demand an Trevor Ariza type deal worth 5yr 33 million that he got from the Rockets or even a deal like Ron Artest got (3 yr 18 million) from Lakers.

Trevor Ariza stats b4 pay day

Year 08

Team LA Lakers

GP 80

GS 20

MPG 24.4

FG% .460

3P% .319

FT% .710

RPG 4.3

APG 1.8

SPG 1.7

BPG .3

PPG 8.9

VS.

Chandler Parsons 2011-2012 Stat Line

Year 2011-12

Team Rockets

GP 63

GS 57

MPG 28.6

FG% .452

3P% .337

FT% .551

RPG 4.7

APG 2.1

SPG 1.2

BPG .5

PPG 9.5

Now looking at stats and knowing he is a glue guy in the clutch who can guard multiple positions from the 2 to the 4. Parsons might in line for a big time contract like the one Trevor Ariza recieved in 08 by the Rockets he is just that good! Please debate this post and tell me what would you do in this situation if you are Daryl Morey, Thanks for reading

The Final Word by Timothy Word

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

He won't be a FA, so I don't see why it'd be an issue.

3. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

but he has a team option next year that the Rockets haven't pickeup to my knowledge

4. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

it will be picked up...im 110% sure

5. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

If he has a great season, then the Rocket's will happily pick up his team option, and he'll be one of the best contracts in the league for a year.

6. Fullcourt

In a world where Patrick Patterson and Marcus Morris gets their options picked up, it's a sure thing that Parsons will.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If it came down to it do you really believe that Morey would keep Parsons over a Max Player.... like Aldridge/Cousins/Love? I doubt it.

8. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Hate to admit it but he will be trade bait

9. Orange

Orange Member

Seriously how retarted are you? Its a team option how the hell can his agent negociate a new contract on a team option. Parsons is worth more than his contract so it will be picked up and it will not intefier with signing a max player.

10. Fullcourt

I'd like to think that Morey is crafty enough to make sure we can keep Parsons on his peanuts contract and still have max room.

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

What? There aren't even any significant 2013 SF FA upgrades over Parsons.

12. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Partial/Non-Guaranteed Salary – Often confused with a team option, partial/non-guaranteed contracts can be traded after the season is complete, whether or not his next year’s salary is guaranteed. Language specific to that player’s contract often dictates the decision date but that can be changed by mutual agreement between the franchise and the player. For the 2012/13 season, all players on a roster as of January 10 are guaranteed for the remainder of the year.

Parsons falls in this category since he was a 2nd round pick, dude stop hating and stop the name calling or you can meet me at Toyota Center Saturday and we can talk about this;););)

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

wait why wouldn't his options be picked up

Morey's daughter would not let that not happen

14. J-Red

J-Red Member

Next year isn't the issue, its the year after that where he might be worth too much for us at the FA level. But remember that the rules are set up for a team to be able to go over the cap to keep their own players at that time. And since Lin and Asik's contracts didn't get matched, I believe we don't have to pay the climbing scale we put in to keep NY and Chicago away, and should be able to have a more balanced cap throughout the years. If Parsons continues to develop that way he has and prove to be a solid player and maybe as high up as a third scoring option, even with Lin, Harden, and another max contract, then he'll be getting paid. I'd like to keep him but we have to be logical about how much we spend as a team on one player, unless he starts going to 20 PPG or something, I think we'll be able to keep him. But next years extension is a lock IMO.

15. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

its funny how ppl call me "rearded" but yet in still do not know how to spell negotiate or intefere....Bless you Sir...Bless You:grin:

16. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Team Option – The decision is up to the team. If the team invokes the option by June 30th (or an earlier, agreed-upon date), the player is under contract for one more season. If the team does nothing, the player becomes an unrestricted free agent (if the player has three years or less of experience, the team can still then issue him a Qualifying Offer and make him restricted, but this scenario is unlikely).

Larry Coon of Hoopsworld (updated 10/26/2012)

Chandler Parsons

Houston Rockets

$888,250

$926,500

N = N= Partial/Non-Guaranteed which means third year is Partially Guaranteed

17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

what?

18. Orange

Orange Member

Better than not knowing how to spell people. :)

19. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I'm a big fan of Parsons, but he will never in his life see a max contract.

20. Fullcourt

:confused: