1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Husband makes the ultimate sacrifice to save his wife and unborn child...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by OddsOn, Sep 13, 2010.

1. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

What a tragic and sad story this is. As an expectant father this touched me personally quite a bit. It just goes to show that you never know when your number is up so don't waste your life and make sure your family and friends know that you love them.

<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc96958a" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=39147750&amp;width=420&amp;height=245"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="opaque" /><embed name="msnbc96958a" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=39147750&amp;width=420&amp;height=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="opaque" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 420px;">Visit msnbc.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com">breaking news</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">world news</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">news about the economy</a></p>

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Can you recap? No sound...

3. OddsOn

basically a husband and pregnant wife were in the car driving home and a truck full of kids jacked up on cocaine, pot and heroine swerved into the oncoming lane and had a head on collision. the husband saw the car coming and braked and steere the car so he would take the brunt of the impact on his side. the reason the car swerved into his lane was the girl driving was taking off her sweater and her girlfriend in the passenger seat was driving with one hand from the side.

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

that's great...that guy showed a lot of courage. don't know why it's in the D&D though

5. OddsOn

It beats all the op-ed posts that usually overload this place....if you don't like click the back button :rolleyes:

6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

a lot of people who might enjoy watching this story won't see it, that's all i'm saying

7. OddsOn

Maybe a repost in the hangout then?

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

or simply have it moved

9. OddsOn

I have never done that before....How do you request a move?

10. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Hmm... can't say I'd have the foresight to do something like that. Kudos.

11. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

cocaine, heroin, mar1juana, and a gun...wtf were these kids doing that night?

very sad story, i can't even imagine the pain they are going through, God bless them

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Amazing story. Sorry for their loss and that this child won't get to know it's father. I can't imagine a life without my 2 boys.

I couldn't finish the video. Was there any info on the charges to the idiots driving the other vehicle?

13. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I could turn this one into a political thread if you like. ;)

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I can to. I often wonder why some cased get Vehicular Manslaughter and others do not.

Rocket River

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

because of obama

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Okay, I hate to submit an element of debate here, but just talking from an engineering point of view...

Turning your car sideways may in fact give you a much greater chance of one or more fatalities.

If you've got airbags and you can slam on the brakes (taking as much energy out of the collision as possible), then your best odds are probably with a head-on collision in today's autos.

It's still an enormously touching and tragic gesture for this guy, who displayed great presence of mind in a split second. I guess we'll never know if it was the best decision though. But I don't think we want all kinds of people turning the sides of their cars to impacts, using this case as an example.

17. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

golly, you're smart. Are you homosexual? :p

18. Landlord Landry

I hate to be shrewed here, but this story doesnt add up. there was no "head on" collision. the blazer that is in the video didnt hit anything head on. This seems like a real stretch to say he knew what he was doing. from the troopers analysis, both people had lost control of their cars. this dude just ended up hitting them on his side. sorry for being a wanker.

19. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

well he does live in SF

;)

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how do they know he was swering to protect his wife and not just swerving to avoid a collision?

I mean, i am sure the guy would do anything to protect his family, but do they really know if what he did was sacrificing himself or just luck of the draw?

If a car comes into your lane, you will most likely swerve right which automatically puts the driver more at risk.