1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

HURRICANE CLAUDETTE...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HectikG81, Jul 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Buck Turgidson

I was at Surfside late Sunday, waves were quite nice, about 7-8 feet (screw the metric system :)). No way I'd be out there now, dodging trees & other miscellaneous flotsam.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

this is what i was saying yesterday...Galveston is getting the dirty side of this storm. given what we experienced from the very minimal Allison just so recently, i'm surprised people didn't take this more seriously, too.

I realize Allison was different because it stalled out...but that's not entirely uncommon...Chantal did the same thing back in the late-80's, if I remember right. This thing is currently dumping rain on Galveston and the general Houston area.

Maybe I'm just a chicken-little about these things...but that's what happens when you watch your home get torn up by a hurricane as a child, i guess.

3. RocketBurrito

RocketBurrito Member

YES, DAMN YOU! I AM THE CC.NET HURRICANE LANDFALL EXPERT! :mad:

:rolleyes:

I'm just busting your balls man, relax. It's just that asking some random dude on a BBS about where he thinks a massive storm might land strikes me as hilarious. Maybe we could ask Refman where he thinks the epicenter of the next quake in Cali would be...

4. Buck Turgidson

Centered directly beneath Tom Arnold. Time to pay the Devil his due.

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I hope you folks are doing OK, but I wouldn't mind seeing this thing get a bit stronger so it can throw some remnant moisture into New Mexico and Arizona. We are hot, extremely dry, and popping new wildfires every day.

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

I am watching Dolcefino right now. Ugh. He is trying to win another award with his dramatic performance. :rolleyes:

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Doesn't Dolcefino have something better to do, like plant evidence and convict some one/organization on the air?

8. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I assume Tom would be standing next to Pauly Shore?

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Can we put Rosie O'Donnell in there too?

Thanks in advance.

10. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

I'd like to add Carrot Top to the list. I actually had a dream last night that I was kicking him out of my house.

11. MadMax

that rocks!!! of course, it begs the question why he was in your house to begin with! :D

my wife is sufficiently annoyed by carrot top. it's quite funny to watch her roll her eyes everytime one of his commercials comes on TV.

12. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

13. drapg

drapg Member

After waiting an hour for the power to return in my office, I finally decided to call it a day and go home. As I reached for the door knob I was suddenly blinded by a flash of light. To my dismay the power had returned, and I begrudgingly returned to my cubicle.

Just another chapter to add to my future biography.

"The bad luck of drapg"

14. MadMax

where are you?? galveston?

15. Behad

DAMMIT! I wasted post #7000 on Tom Arnold and Pauly Shore!:mad:

16. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

For the life of me, I can't remember. When the alarm went off at six this morning (Jeff had to drive to Austin for an early meeting) I was smack in the middle of the dream. I remembered it all then. I even muttered something to Jeff about having to get Carrot Top out of the house -- which, of course, just got me a strange look. But after Jeff left, I fell back asleep and now I can only remember that little bit.

I assume it's for the best, though. Any dream with Carrot Top in it cannot be something worth recalling. :)

17. Behad

Hey Smeg, to give you some perspective...remember the Kemah Boardwalk? The tide is now over the top of the boardwalk and flooding the parking lot.

And that's roughly 65-75 miles northeast of where the center of the storm passed.

18. drapg

drapg Member

Nope. Smack dab in the middle of the Galleria. Odd, ain't it?

19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I would understand if I had asked him to tell me exactly where it was hitting and if I should board up my house and take my family out of town, but I didnt. I asked him where he THOUGHT it would hit. I asked because he was talking so much about it in this thread . Its not like I emailed him and asked him what was going to happen. Should I never ask anyone for an opinion, even if its just out of curiosity?

20. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

[​IMG]

just across the SP channel is Boca Chica in Mexico, looks more like the North Shore of Hawaii!

[​IMG]

Gorda was hit pretty much head on earlier this morning, ocean was out of control.