1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hunter Biden Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 14, 2020.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

On the Biden scandal: so he allegedly met with an adviser to Burisma before the Shokin stuff and later said he never talked with his son about his Ukraine business stuff. Okay, big deal. Still don't see that he's done anything corrupt, illegal, immoral, or unethical. It's not even clear that he lied when he said he hasn't discussed Burisma business with his son. I'm sure it has some propaganda value for getting Trumpers wound up, but there's no kind of smoking gun here.

O the meta-scandal: I think this is actually the more interesting story, how social media platforms are finding themselves being exploited to spread propaganda and are now tying themselves in knots trying to not be. I like Dorsey, he seems like a good guy, but I think he's in denial about this thing he's created. It's a powerful tool that can be used for great good and great evil. And people, being mostly evil, will use it for great evil. I think he's gone too far in the direction of trying to not be exploited for "bad" propaganda. He can't stop it because this outcome has always been the logical conclusion to the creation of social media. If he doesn't like being evil, he should sell and maybe open a flower shop instead.

2. Nook

Nook Member

The timing of all of this is very interesting.

I am sure that Honorable Barr and his associates are not releasing all this information right before the election in an effort to influence the election. He is above that, no?

AleksandarN likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

It is also telling that josh hawley has become the new face of the trumplican party...

Ubiquitin likes this.
  4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

6. basso

Supporting Member

the story is incorrect, and the investigation is ongoing.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No I think it's relevant here to show your hypocrisy as the Ivanka transaction is far more blatant and obvious corruption that is in your face. Unfortunately too many people like you exist in this country that just let it happen.

AleksandarN and CometsWin like this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The story is correct and you are grasping for straws.

AleksandarN, astros123 and CometsWin like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

More proof that if people want to consume false information, there are plenty of other private entities they can feed from...

Ubiquitin likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

No, I do not need to take a "chill pill", the photographs were released a month before the election by the JD for the specific purpose of influencing the election. Honestly, if President Trump had any credibility at all, the photographs may well have some impact; but he doesn't have any credibility so I doubt it makes much difference.

How many people do you think that Joe Biden has met with over the last 5 years? Do you think that Biden will remember everyone that he has met with. So after a thorough investigation on the issue, the only thing found was an email that says someone met with Biden and his son over coffee? I guess that is a big deal if you want it to be, I don't think it is.

I am more concerned that the President and the Attorney General of the USA don't even hide or deny that they have turned the Justice Department into a surrogate arm of the Trump re-election campaign, hand picking what will and will not be declassified and deciding when to release information to the press, discussing open investigations and making wild and unsubstantiated claims against Trump's enemies. The long term damage to our institutions should bother you.

CometsWin and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

LOL I guess Trump and Obama are wrong as well......... they do not have any inside information to be openly discussing the fact that nothing was found.

You are smarter than this @basso.

12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

His son sold access to Biden to foreign governments. His son accepted huge payments from the wife of the mayor of Moscow and Chinese government officials. China, Russia and Ukraine made Biden's family rich. How is Biden supposed to handle USA relations with these countries now? He's totally compromised.

Biden NEVER should have let his kids get anywhere close to this type of corruption. This is the downside of the liberal media giving a free pass to scrutinizing Democrats. Stuff like this happens. Now Biden is compromised and cannot conduct foreign affairs free of bias.

13. NewRoxFan

14. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, you do. Have a great day.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That sums up Cruz so well.

You know they all joke about him behind is back.

Hawley has almost as punchable face as Gaetz.

#196 jiggyfly, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

rush limbaugh begging people to care..

jiggyfly and Nook like this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You are really making yourself look ridiculous, with all due respect.

19. basso

Supporting Member

respect noted. the lesser of two evils is still evil. don't be evil; you always have a choice.

20. basso

Supporting Member

was Biden lying then?