1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hundreds of children under age of 10 married in Iran

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IzakDavid13, Sep 4, 2012.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Well I know you were comparing Mormons to Christians with your earlier post. So lemme make a bullet point list based on what I know for Islam and then we can go from there.

-Islam does not condone Polygamy. Simply a manipulation of the holy book to work in their favor. "And if you fear that you cannot act equitably towards orphans, then marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four; but if you fear that you will not do justice (between them), then (marry) only one or what your right hands possess; this is more proper, that you may not deviate from the right course."

As in my interpretation, You cannot treat any two women alike(equal) so therefore marry only one.

- False Doctrine - The Quran is not False Doctrine. As a matter of fact The Quran, The Old Testament, and the Torah are all sent down from God.

-Imitation Jesus - Islam recognizes Jesus as our Savior (He will return to save us) but does not recognize Jesus as anything more than a Prophet. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is not considered a god or God in Islam, but is the last prophet that God had assigned.

-Cultish Behavior - Not in the least in Islam. Yes there are Extremists or Terrorists but that is not what Islam promotes.

- Fixation with sexual relations ( with young girls) - This happens in any religion where there is not higher education...

- Heavenly Brothels - IDK what that is.

I am nowhere near an expert nor do I claim to be one on Islam or their followings, I am merely a practicing Muslim.

I have 0 experience with Mormon outside of the South Park episode which I have been told is amazingly accurate.

2 people like this.
  2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

You must spread the reputation...

I admire the fact that you stepped up to the plate and answered the questions.

Reply would've been longer from me, but it's 2am down under.

:)

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Here's some supplemental education.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PHEqCXY2B-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Accurate.

4. IzakDavid13

Deleted subject...

#44 IzakDavid13, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

fact

noun
    1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.

2. something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.

6. LCAhmed

are you really going to take the phrase I chose to make a point and use it against me for the one word that happens to be in that phrase?

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Sorry. I just get a kick out of religious people claiming false doctrine about other religions. It's like a kid saying Santa Claus isn't real but the tooth fairy brought him a dollar last night.

8. LCAhmed

I gotcha.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes they do. Please speak with practicing Mormons who belong to the LDS.

It isn't up to you do decide their soul or whether they are Christian. That is for God alone. That is the way it is according to my belief in the bible, scripture, and biblical study.

I guess we can disagree. Though I have a difficult time reconciling your practices with what Jesus has said, and what it says in the bible.

10. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

There is an industry for pedophiles everywhere on this planet. Iran is no different, their problem exists in the rural areas where rule of law is murky and generally upheld by village elders. In big cities like Tehran they have an underground market just like any other major city on this planet.

Back in the day it was normal for young girls to get married, society was very different, trying to rationalize today's societal norms to then is really comparing apples to oranges. Their life spans were shorter due to many factors and getting married early made more sense.

1 person likes this.
  11. IzakDavid13

True I can't decide their soul, that is for God, but as to whether they are Christian or not?

Mate, the Mormon church believes that all other Christian churches are wrong, therefore not saved, that the Bibles are all corrupted and

Mormons teach that man can become God, and that God was once a man:

"God himself, the Father of us all, is a glorified, exalted immortal resurrected man!" (Bruce McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, pp. 322-23, 517, 643)

"...God himself was once as we are now and is an exalted man and sits enthroned in yonder heavens..." (Journal of Discourses, V6, P3, 1844)

"As man is, God once was: as God is, man may become." (Lorenzo Snow, quoted in Milton R. Hunter, the Gospel Through the Ages, pp. 105-106)

Nowhere does the Bible say or imply that God was ever a man, or that man can become God! Malachi 3:6 says, "For I am the LORD, I change not..."
    How could this be true if God was once a man? Genesis 1:1 states that God existed "in the beginning" before man was ever created. John 4:24 states that God is a "spirit," and Jesus tells us in John 1:18 that no man has seen God at any time.

Here are 2 sites to look at...
    http://wri.leaderu.com/mormonism/jesus.html
    http://www.biblebelievers.com/jmelton/Mormons.html

Mormons are not Christians....

1 person likes this.
  12. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Marrying at that age is wrong. This is a different era and past traditions/cultures are not compatible with the present.

A very dangerous statement.....very Taliban'ish...

1 person likes this.
  13. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

A lot of Christian religions believe theirs is more right than other Christian religions. That's why there are so many divergences from what was just one Christian religion. Catholicism.

Some think divorce should be legal to practice without going through the arduous process of annulment. Some don't think the Virgin Mary is divine. Some cling more to the Old Testament than the New Testament. Some think homosexuality is perfectly fine whereas others think its a sin. Some think believe in the Holy Trinity. Some believe in only Christ as God. Each resulting in a branch of Christianity that is tailor made to whatever specific beliefs they have towards God. And each one believes that their interpretation of Christ and God is more correct than other Christian religions. Why pick on Mormon's for believing their religion is more correct than others? Practically ever religion does.

1 person likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand that Mormons have beliefs that other denominations don't. That's why they are their own denomination.

I think their fruit is more important than any technical disagreements I have with their beliefs.

The bible contradicts itself without the addition of the book of Mormon.

In three of the gospels Jesus cleanses the temple and money changers near the end of his life. In one of the gospels Jesus does it near the beginning of his becoming public as the messiah. Yet despite that contradiction there is no doubt that all four gospels are talking about the same Jesus. That's just one example.

You are free to believe what you want, about whether they are Christian or not, but in the end your belief about it, doesn't make it so. My belief that they are, also doesn't make it so. So it is pointless to worry about when there are so many better things to devote our time to.

As far as Jesus calling out other groups teachings as false, The majority if not all the times he did it was when false teachings would hurt other people in this world on this planet (i.e. when they tried to say he was wrong for healing on the sabbath, cleaning out the money changers, stopping the stoning of someone.) And the points he'd make about false doctrines would be when they showed a lack of compassion, caring, forgiveness, loving etc. So as long as a church believes and carries that part out, I don't really see it as following Christ's example to claim people that believe that Christ was God's son aren't Christian because of some other differences when the examples I've witnessed have all be exceedingly, dedicated, devout, kind, and righteous.

#54 FranchiseBlade, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  15. IzakDavid13

In Australia we have many Mormon missionaries come down under to do their outreach missions. As I said, I have nothing but respect for the way that they live and carry themselves. They are truly really nice decent, well mannered guys ( who usually get an ice cold bottle of water from my family and i due to the Aussie heat) and I admire their dedication to their faith...in fact I wish that more Christians would be half as dedicated to serving God as the Mormons are.

The only point that I tried to make was 'yes they are followers of Christ, but most regard themselves as Mormon or LDS as opposed to the term 'Christians'. If you ask a Mormon, are you a Christian or a Mormon he will usually answer Mormon, or Mormons are another branch of Christianity.

Most Mormons believe that Christians who deny the Book of Mormon or prophethood of Joseph Smith aren't saved, and destined for Hell, as Being saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ isn't enough.

The only thing that I have against the Mormons is when they knock on my door when I'm watching my Rockets Play.

In fact many Christians could learn a thing or two about clean living by looking at the Mormons dedication to living the scriptures.

Faith without works is dead...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway...back to the topic of the O.P.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The only thing I would add to this is do you feel good about yourself if your vision of an entire group of people is based on South Park or anything else media related? It doesn't matter what % accurate it is... what matters far more is the % that is not.

If so, carry on in your bliss.

17. penda45

penda45 Member

I would argue it is somewhat on the same level...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QIeoJaI2qy0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

TL;DW

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

delete

#59 AroundTheWorld, May 27, 2013
    Last edited: May 27, 2013
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Hey look! Its a religious dude saying the other religion is false! Haven't seen that before:rolleyes: