1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Humbly asking for your help.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

This is something that is not easy for me to do, but my dad and mom need all the help he can get, and I would do anything I can to help him, so I must humble myself and ask a favor from clutchfans.

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon asking for a handout, but when I saw the online donation, I tried it on my rgv sports website. Unfortunately, the response was dismal, so I decided to bring it here.

My mother has developed an terminal debilitating illness, Frontotemporal dementia. It is a very aggressive form of dementia, and soon, she will be needing full time home health care.

My mom used to work in the administrative office at work and was vibrant and strong. This is indeed a terrible disease. She is completely dependent on my dad for feeding, cleaning, dressing, medical, everything.

My Dad, her husband of 47 years(Happy Anniversary Feb 25th) loves her and takes care of her, but it has become too much for him to handle on his own. He has retired to give her all his time, but it is still too much for him to handle on his own, and the retirement check is not enough to get any help. We, their children help, but even then, its not enough to offset the cost of home health as the progression of the disease necessitates more time from the home health provider.

To add to the stress, Dad also takes care of my brother that was injured in a Christmas Eve car accident in 1973 leaving him brain damaged and suffering from seizures.

Dad made the attempt to get Medicaide, but because of some missed deadline, he can not receive benefits until open enrollment opens again in December if I understood correctly

Any donation will go directly to dad to help pay for home health and medicines for my mother.

Thanks for anything you can offer. Prayers are welcome as well.

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fu...anything-for-her-but-he-needs-help-too/137229

1 person likes this.
  2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Donation sent. Hopefully others will be able to help out a long time member. Your family will be in my thoughts. Take care.

1 person likes this.
  3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Donation sent. I hope I don't offend you by saying you and your family will be in my prayers.

1 person likes this.
  4. da1

da1 Member

Does Obamacare help?

5. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

So sorry to hear all of the issues you and your family are going through. My family has gone through many of the same sorts of issues, and my mother takes care of her disabled brother and had taken care of her disabled mother. I'll speak to her tonight, because she knows all bout the ins and outs of medicaid and medicare, and such.

With that said, donation sent - I hope everything goes well for you guys, you're in my prayers.

1 person likes this.
  6. JD88

JD88 Member

Saturday, I asked for help with dental care. A user on here went out of his way to help me out, not only taking care of me quickly, but giving me a discount in the process. Just paying it forward from him.

Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  7. yo

yo Contributing Member

You need an ass kicking.

8. Falcons Talon

I am amazed at the kindness and generosity of clutchfans. Thank you for your help, prayers, and offers of advice. My siblings and I help as much as we can, but it's so much and I don't know where else to turn. I can't wait to get the donations to my dad. He will be so shocked and happy. God bless all of you.

9. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

GL with your mom. Sending thoughts and prayers. Made a small pledge.

1 person likes this.
  10. Falcons Talon

Thank you Wizkid. Every little bit helps. It is profoundly appreciated!

11. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Gave a little something. Stay strong man.

1 person likes this.
  12. Falcons Talon

i thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart. I have never experienced such generosity. I'm so excited and Anxious to give this to my dad. Clutchfans are the best. I don't know how I can ever repay you

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

All the best to you and your family. Donation sent.

1 person likes this.
  14. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Sorry to hear. Good luck with everything.

1 person likes this.
  15. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Donation sent. Wish you the best during these tough times.

1 person likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Site is down.

17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Looks like it is up now.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Glad to see the support for a fellow CFer.

God bless everyone... OP in particular.

1 person likes this.
  19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Is your dad a veteran? The VA may help on things like this. They pay a portion of my mother's assisted living charges even though my father passed away.

20. Falcons Talon

Yes, my dad is a veteran. Thank you for that advice. I know he has looked into many things, but with everything on his plate, he may have overlooked this. I'll check with him.

I'm so excited to give him a check today thanks to Clutchfans. My mom has started wandering outside on her own, and I am looking for a GPS bracelet for her. Maybe I can convince him to get her a gps bracelet with these funds. I'm researching the best device as we speak.

Thanks again to all clutchfans for donations, advice, support, and prayers. This has been a hard time for my family, and we have accepted the course this condition is going to run. My siblings and I are very concerned about my father because it is wearing him out.