1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Humanity is doomed part 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Amiga, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

And this is how zombie starts

ryan_98 likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Part 4... Geeez

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The first actual part 3 was dead, hes just reviving it.

xaos, B-Bob, CCity Zero and 9 others like this.
  4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Please tell me when they start flying

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

hahaha....i see what you did there

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Anyone can fill in what Part 1 and 2 were about? thx in advance

Yung-T likes this.
  7. donkeypunch

Part 1: A seemingly indestructible android is sent from 2029 to 1984 to assassinate a waitress, whose unborn son will lead humanity in a war against the machines, while a soldier from that war is sent to protect her at all costs.

Part2: A cyborg, identical to the one who failed to kill the waitress, must now protect her teenage son from a more advanced and powerful cyborg.

8. Buck Turgidson

And of course they're trying this in the middle of a massive outbreak of African Swine Fever in Asia, esp China.

I guess we'll have to build some sort of autonomous automated defense system, a network in the sky if you will, to fight the zombie pigmen. What could possibly go wrong?

#8 Buck Turgidson, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    Amiga likes this.
  9. PatBev

PatBev Member

We’ve been making movies about bringing things back from the dead, robots, and other artificial intelligence for over 50 years and every movie ends with them killing humanity.... but we just keep going for it

BigM likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

oops

#10 Buck Turgidson, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I hope the Astros can sign Ted Williams at DH when this becomes more prevalent.

Sledge187, don grahamleone and B-Bob like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I for one welcome our Robot overlords.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ster-quits-saying-machines-cannot-be-defeated

Go game master quits saying machines 'cannot be defeated'
    Lee Se-dol retires from Chinese strategy game after playing against Google algorithm

The only human ever to beat Google’s algorithm at the ancient Chinese strategy game Go has said he decided to retire because machines cannot be defeated.

Lee Se-dol’s five-match showdown with Google’s artificial intelligence program AlphaGo in 2016 raised both the game’s profile and fears of computer intelligence’s seemingly limitless learning capability.

The South Korean 18-time world champion lost all but one encounter in the series, but remains the only person to have won a game against AlphaGo. The machines have since developed much further – a self-teaching version of the algorithm beat its predecessor 100 games to none.

“Even if I become the number one, there is an entity that cannot be defeated,” Lee, 36, told Yonhap news agency. “With the debut of AI in Go games, I’ve realised that I’m not at the top even if I become the number one,” added Lee, who retired from professional Go competition last week.

Go originated in China 3,000 years ago and has been played for centuries, mostly in China, Japan and South Korea. The rules are simple – two players take turns placing black or white stones on a square board with a 19x19 grid. Whoever captures the most territory wins.

But the strategies needed to secure victory are complex, and there are said to be more possible move configurations than atoms in the universe.

Considered one of the greatest Go players of the modern era, Lee started playing at the age of five and turned pro just seven years later.

But he attributed his AlphaGo win to a bug in the program’s response to his “tricky” play. “My white 78 was not a move that should be countered straightforwardly,” he said.

13. likestohypeguy

Wait, this can't be right, can it? Idk the math at all, but thousands of quadrillion vigintillion(?!) possibilities, from a 19x19 grid? Sounds like one of these...

[​IMG]

#13 likestohypeguy, Dec 25, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    B-Bob and Yung-T like this.
  14. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

That’s impressive and all but have you ever tried to determine a dunk going thru the basket?

15. Buck Turgidson

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."

[​IMG]

TheresTheDagger and KingCheetah like this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_and_mathematics

And that graphic makes no sense. lol. :D

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. donkeypunch

18. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Just turn the machines loose already. They'll do a much faster (and cleaner) job than the politicians.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wow, that robot overlord arm controlled that hu-mon impeccably.

20. donkeypunch

Damn, theyre already smarter than I thought. Theyre already strategizing attacking/controlling the weak and handicap first.

Invisible Fan and Xerobull like this.